Gawf... sometimes I even amaze myself...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Listy, Sep 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The law of sod states that as soon as I steped out of my house to cycle to work, it started pissing down. So I arrive at work soaking wet, even my socks, the water had run down my legs and into the top of my Boots. When I walked I made a squelching sound. Now here's me wondering what to do about it. Boots are easy, stuff em full of paper towls from the toilets, jobs a good 'un. But the socks?

A washing line is unavlible and impratical in the time frame. A tumble dryer is also out becuase there isn't one in the building. So that got me thinking, Something that is hot and goes round.... MIRCOWAVE!

Who do I hate enougth to put my socks where they're food is going? So I wait until everyones left the building slap each sock in for a couple of minuets, nice and dry! Only problem is the chesse smelling steam cloud... Hey ho.

So I try it with my gloves, and hte bloody thing melts! :roll: :lol:
  2. Did something similar in 1982, when microwaves were fairly new, with the old combat cap. 10 seconds - nothing. 20 seconds - nothing, not even warm. Bold adjustment - go for 1 min. Within 40 seconds, the cap was in flames, oh dear.