Gavin Williamson Sacked

My dear Sir, you will shortly disappear under a hail of 'dislike and 'SABC' buttons for daring to question 'he Who will save us, but has been conspicuous by absence at key time's' this far...
Unlike those who continually disparage those who think he's on the right track ?

PS

I'm not a Farage fan but currently I'd rather vote for him and his new party in the EU elections than any of the others. Depending on his success in the EU elections and his blueprint* for the next GE I'd consider voting for him then too because I'll not vote Labour while they are infected by brain dead MPs who don't know what day it is and led by a terrorist supporting anti UK pillock nor the Conservatives until they remove May and weed out the incompetents from the cabinet.

* Blueprint because for the Euro's it's blindingly evident what the Party's intentions are. For a potential GE no so obvious.

Last edited:
I know I am a broken record, but j would like to read the manifesto.

Rather than just the emotion I am voting for, we risk entering a new age of unreason- from all parties.

I know I am a broken record, but j would like to read the manifesto.

Rather than just the emotion I am voting for, we risk entering a new age of unreason- from all parties.
I know that the response you get is also like a broken record, but you must be able to understand that a manifesto for election to the EU parliament for a party whose sole aim is to remove us from the EU (and by default, remove themselves from their elected position) is totally unnecessary, as it can be summed up by a single portmanteau word, which is already the central part of the party's name. That is their one job, their single role, their only task, their unique goal.

For any election other than for the European Parliament, though, you have a point. But they didn't field any candidates in the council elections, and we're not having a General Election any time soon, so there's no need for a manifesto on those accounts.

Why? It would appear, over the last couple of elections at least, that they are purely advisory.
Hadly, it's been that way since Edmund Burke stood up in 1774 and declared
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
The issue is that our system by and large is a social contract (in the classical Liberal tradition, as put forward for example by Jean-Jacques Rousseau's 1762 The Social Contract). If I have NO idea what my elected represerntative will do, I do not see how they can claim to have any informed consent from me to govern me or any redress against their failure to make good on promises.

This is another norm of western politics being broken, and it is not a good thing.

it took hundred of years for us to get to this stage, and I do not think pissing it up the wall for mobs from left or right, leave or remain depending on taste is a good thing.

Really I think that the poorest he that is in England has a life to live as the greatest he; and therefore truly, sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that government; and I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that government that he has not had a voice to put himself under.
Col Thomas Rainsborough, October 1647
If I do not know what I consent to, I do not agree that I consented to it.

I'm not a "Freeman on the Land", but frankly if Parliament cannot carry a fairly reasonable "small C conservative" chap like me; there are problems ahead. That's because my side of the argument has reason and convention behind it, rather than mob appeal based on emotion.

@Joe_Private

If only life were so simple. Here's brexit.

So it helps if i have it written down what someone means when they say leave. Someone cannot accuse another of "bretrayl" if they do not say "This is the end state, not that".

Otherwise we will watch a Humpty Dumpty scenario

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be master—that’s all.”
So write it down and let us have clear understanding.

I'm genuinely past giving a f@ck anymore about whether we leave or stay (and I am not a Cabinet Minister, though I see why they say that).

Just everyone nail their balls to the desk and say "this means that" and I stand by it, and then crack on.

We should probably carry this on in the multitude of Brexit threads!

Anwyway, when's Gavin sticking the knife in Mrs May over being sacked? Did I miss it?

Ah, I see. It's not the electorates fault that most people habitually vote for the two main parties, it's the fault of the parties themselves, particularly LibDem and UKIP for not getting more votes.
When they swung to Labour in 1997, they were voting B'liar: we wound up with Cyclops, voters don't get to dictate who is the PM, is my point in a nutshell. Feel free to carry on misunderstanding it.

I'd rather vote for him and his new party in the EU elections than any of the others.
Just don't do it in the expectation that you're voting for an intelligent, principled individual with a clear strategic vision and the leadership abilities to deliver it.

And yes, I am well aware that Westminster's current crop of "Stars" on both sides of the House are pretty much all tarred with that self-same brush.

My wife does is a polling clerk, she was was told about the EU elections before the government told us
Mine too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Huawei: Never mind the dangers, keep counting the cash
"...In a secret session of the National Security Council rather than the whole Cabinet, against the advice of half the members, especially Gavin Williamson (then Defence Secretary), who was accused – by those same civil servants, without due evidence – of leaking the scandal to the press;
Against this consensus of expert opinion, the British government’s response is to declare the case closed or to pivot to the economy – a trick going back to David Cameron. So what is Huawei worth to the government? This week a report was released that Huawei contributed £1.7billion to Britain’s economy in 2018, and £470million in tax revenues.

So there you have the government’s evaluation of the value in pounds sterling of its surrender of national security and international special relationships."

More May Treason Exposed

PM May - who will rid us of this treacherous woman?

Huawei: Never mind the dangers, keep counting the cash
"...In a secret session of the National Security Council rather than the whole Cabinet, against the advice of half the members, especially Gavin Williamson (then Defence Secretary), who was accused – by those same civil servants, without due evidence – of leaking the scandal to the press;
Against this consensus of expert opinion, the British government’s response is to declare the case closed or to pivot to the economy – a trick going back to David Cameron. So what is Huawei worth to the government? This week a report was released that Huawei contributed £1.7billion to Britain’s economy in 2018, and £470million in tax revenues.

So there you have the government’s evaluation of the value in pounds sterling of its surrender of national security and international special relationships."

More May Treason Exposed

PM May - who will rid us of this treacherous woman?
Well, she's quitting in June, allegedly, so herself I suppose. Meanwhile, on the Huawei front, Google has issued a "get it right up ye!" to the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee's external intelligence arm :))):

Google pulls Huawei's Android support following Trump blacklist, claims report | ZDNet

I guess the Orange Cheeto can get something right for a change.

Well, she's quitting in June, allegedly, so herself I suppose. Meanwhile, on the Huawei front, Google has issued a "get it right up ye!" to the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee's external intelligence arm :))):

Google pulls Huawei's Android support following Trump blacklist, claims report | ZDNet

I guess the Orange Cheeto can get something right for a change.
It has zero to do with security though, as no one so far has suggested that smartphone hand sets had any 5G security implications. It's strictly about trade after Huawei surpassed Apple and became the number two smart phone vendor.

It has zero to do with security though, as no one so far has suggested that smartphone hand sets had any 5G security implications. It's strictly about trade after Huawei surpassed Apple and became the number two smart phone vendor.
Yep, it does seem like another instalment in Trump's ongoing trade war with the Chinese, but I would bet money that there are people in the background saying that it is to do with security as well. That's a dog-whistle word over in the States since 9/11.

Latest Threads