Gaucho belts - the latest naff officer accessory?

You can always find some fucktard who drinks way too much KOOL-AID.

We had a bloke in the RHKP who used to wear a cape and monocle. Cock, click, BANG!
FDR, Uncle Joe and Winnie are laughing at you.

1566821781874.png

Apparently these things originated in Argentina and were worn by polo players. You know the type; tall, heavily tanned, dark floppy hair, piercing eyes, the type of bloke that exists in a Jackie Collins novel. All testicles and testosterone. Quite how this translates to a prematurely balding and pink-faced young cavalry officer who is just a teensy bit overweight is beyond me.
Wish fulfillment, the power of association etc.

FEASG

LE
How have you only just noticed these? They've been around for years. You can get them in your regi colours too!

Custom leather belts
Gutted that they don't do them in Winchester colours, Nothing I like more than chatting to an old boy from that school, I love the look on their faces when asked what house I was in and reply "B Wing".

Isn’t that a stable belt?
Royal Corps of Transport Deluxe Webbing Belt

£29.50 GBP

The Regimental Shop is entirely British and most orders are despatched worldwide from the UK within two working days (sometimes slightly longer for clothing). Please call us if your order is especially urgent.

Best value on the web
Robust cotton webbing belt created especially for the Royal Corps of Transport with real leather tongue and substantial brass buckle. Great for the RCT, their friends and family.

1566826882879.png

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So nice to see that they do deluxe and economy models so you can play regimental superiority about the quality of yours.

More Mexican than Argentinian.
They don't come in regimental colours but they do come in various sizes including 7.62 and 5.56mm

1566892625714.png

Fat cnut.
I'm getting there, I used to be a lean and svelte 29" when I was in and in my late teens/early 20s. I'm closer to 32/34" now depending which trousers I wear.

As long as you can look straight down and still see the ol chap when you're in the shower you're alright.

I'm getting there, I used to be a lean and svelte 29" when I was in and in my late teens/early 20s. I'm closer to 32/34" now depending which trousers I wear.

As long as you can look straight down and still see the ol chap when you're in the shower you're alright.
Your old chap . . . or someone else's?

Chalkster69

Clanker

£29.50 GBP

The Regimental Shop is entirely British and most orders are despatched worldwide from the UK within two working days (sometimes slightly longer for clothing). Please call us if your order is especially urgent.

Best value on the web
Robust cotton webbing belt created especially for the Royal Corps of Transport with real leather tongue and substantial brass buckle. Great for the RCT, their friends and family.

View attachment 413042

You know what, I'd have one - and a watch strap - if it weren't for the fact that the Signals ones looks absolutely toss!!

Roy-Corps-of-Signals-Webbing-Belt_large.jpg

If they could do them more in line with the subtler pattern on the ties, I'd be in like a shot.

254vb-Signals_large.jpeg

Chimp

ADC
Seen a number of chinless idiots wearing these things recently, from Lt to Brig but my question is why? In and of themselves they're no bad thing I suppose (although not my style) but the plethora of officers wearing them is puzzling, it's like a particularly virulent disease. I spotted two Capts the other day on their way out in regulation chinos, hero sleeves on double-cuffed shirts, cav boots and fecking gaucho belts. My gentle suggestion that the pair of them looked like clones and didn't have a spark of individuality between them fell on deaf cauliflower ears. This morning a young doris in civvies carrying a daysack walked past my window and was also wearing one so now even the gels have started wearing the bloody things.

Bah!

For the sartorially challenged amongst you:

View attachment 400648
WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE; WANT ONE;

£29.50 GBP

Best value on the web

View attachment 413042

How big do they make them for the Ex-Troggs?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Just one very quick question, really - are these naff accessories for officers, or accessories for naff officers? Previous generations had similar questions about the Filofax in the thigh pocket, of course....

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It’s an orvis generated affectation

Orvis is the LE officers primark

If it costs a lot, is on a shelf next to some tweed, fly fishing tackle and salmon strides it must be posh

Strange innit that even grown up men have their own little group uniforms

Spot em a mile off and avoid
Costco are currently stocking some Orvis clothing...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
QRK2 Military Clothing & Boots 1
AlphaKennyThing Military Clothing & Boots 2
A ACF 9

Latest Threads