Gatwick parking

Discussion in 'Travel' started by gary2000, Feb 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flying out of Gatwick next month for 5 weeks and need to park my car. If it comes to it i will have to pay for secure parking but was wondering if there are any camps relatively close to the airport which might save me a small fortune in parking fees.

Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Try this link

Army near Gatwick

Type in the postcode for Gatwick (RH6 0NP) then scroll down to find Contact Details for local units.
  3. Gary.
    Not sure where you’re travelling from but what I normally do is drive across the day before and book into a B and B that has parking. They will charge you for it but it’s a damned sight cheaper than secure parking, and they will run you to the airport and pick you up when you return.
  4. Leave it at home and catch the train?
  5. Aldershot straight into Gatwick about 1.5 hrs on train - if you have contacts in the garrison, then sorted! Not sure about the rail fare cost though.
  6. Try the Worth Hotel, cheaper than car hire, parking included in room charge.
    If you are flying Virgin, use twilight check in the night before, stay in hotel and go straight to gate the next morning.
    Very little hassle.