Gatso camera bombed

Some one has blown up a Gatso camera in Fareham, Hampshire.
I'm more surprised that it doesn't happen more often

LINK

"The attack comes as officials in Swindon, Wiltshire, confirmed that the number of motorists caught speeding has halved since they banned fixed cameras in the town"

Clowns... :roll:

happybonzo said:

LINK
The place in the UK that needs a speed camera less than any other place in UK. I can't recall going through there at any more than 10mph.

:)

happybonzo said:

LINK
RiP Gatso. Bit dusty in here :D

It always makes me smile when this happens. :D

jagman said:
happybonzo said:

LINK

It happens a lot more frequently than you might think
and i suspect that it will occur all the more often as labour continue to compromise any notion of 'british justice'.

OldTimer said:
Oh Dear , What a pity , never mind.
Perhaps it will catch on and spread all over the country

it dose down here in essex ,the gatso cameras have little holes in the back about the size of a 5 pence piece all you gota do is buy expanding foam from b&q and bobs ur uncle fannys ur aunt camera no longer in use

Having followed the link to the UKs most lucrative Speed cam.

2.3 million quid in 5 years? - thats a bit of a poor turnover.

There is one on the Autobahn in Bielefeld - Covers all 3 lanes coming downhill - Its been there for 1 year - and raked in........

10 million Euros.

Incidentally - there has been no change in the accident statistics since its been there. If I were cynical I might think that the main interest is making money.

I want one of my very own....with a direct link to my Bank account.

GASP! Civil disobedience? Surely not! You rebellious Poms, you. It couldn't happen here, of course. My weapon of choice would be a Beehive or a .50 BMG HEAP round, simply for emphasis. Failing that, it would make a challenging target for a well-aimed petrol bomb, thrown from a moving car (driven at or below the speed limit, naturally) :twisted:

A good GATSO is a dead GATSO

Theres one on the A248 junct with the M20 which seems to attract Soweto necklaces every now and then. Excellent.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Call me old fashioned but I don't see these things as any sort of a threat as any money raised by them is from folk who are breaking the law.

Since they're so easily identifiable and accessible, surely the authorities must expect them to be attacked? The gubmint and meeja here are shrilling about the introduction of concealed cameras in (yet another)attempt to frighten the plebs into compliance. However, it's an open secret that the Queensland Government is broke, so it couldn't really be a money gouge, noooo...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
happybonzo Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs 0
BiGbAddAbOOm Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4
E Classified Ads 2