Gatso camera bombed

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by happybonzo, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some one has blown up a Gatso camera in Fareham, Hampshire.
    I'm more surprised that it doesn't happen more often

LINK

2. Oh Dear , What a pity , never mind.
    Perhaps it will catch on and spread all over the country

3. "The attack comes as officials in Swindon, Wiltshire, confirmed that the number of motorists caught speeding has halved since they banned fixed cameras in the town"

Clowns... :roll:

4. The place in the UK that needs a speed camera less than any other place in UK. I can't recall going through there at any more than 10mph.

:)

5. RiP Gatso. Bit dusty in here :D

It always makes me smile when this happens. :D

6. Then smile away. I always get a chuckle out of this site:

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso2.htm

7. It happens a lot more frequently than you might think

8. and i suspect that it will occur all the more often as labour continue to compromise any notion of 'british justice'.

9. Why was it a motorist? they havent caught anyone could have been anyone

10. it dose down here in essex ,the gatso cameras have little holes in the back about the size of a 5 pence piece all you gota do is buy expanding foam from b&q and bobs ur uncle fannys ur aunt camera no longer in use

11. Having followed the link to the UKs most lucrative Speed cam.

2.3 million quid in 5 years? - thats a bit of a poor turnover.

There is one on the Autobahn in Bielefeld - Covers all 3 lanes coming downhill - Its been there for 1 year - and raked in........

10 million Euros.

Incidentally - there has been no change in the accident statistics since its been there. If I were cynical I might think that the main interest is making money.

I want one of my very own....with a direct link to my Bank account.

12. GASP! Civil disobedience? Surely not! You rebellious Poms, you. It couldn't happen here, of course. My weapon of choice would be a Beehive or a .50 BMG HEAP round, simply for emphasis. Failing that, it would make a challenging target for a well-aimed petrol bomb, thrown from a moving car (driven at or below the speed limit, naturally) :twisted:

13. Now, that is the most guilt ridden post I have ever read :wink:

14. A good GATSO is a dead GATSO

15. It's about fcuking time... that one's been pissing me off for a while now. It wasn't me though, honest!