GATEX 2009

How bad was the EX for you?

• I have never been treated like such a twat in my life (I am a soldier)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't mind being gated or subject to curfew (I am an officer)

• I loved it, so tough shit (I am the CO)

• Total voters
I heard it was quite good (no, I'm not the CO).

More details perhaps?

I thought this was a thread about referring to the wearing of gore-tex as a homosexual act. Then I realised that would result in censorship and the site being nuked!

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
new ID... hmmm... clearly someone brave enough to stick his head above the parapet :D
That was quick, or did you (like me) misread the title as GATEUX.......ooh cake.............bugger :D

DigitalGeek said:
Stop whining!

You could be in Laskhar Gar with a .50 round up your hoop.

I believe the .50 cal up the arrse is a voluntary thing and not enforced initiation. :wink:
Well they have to get their fun where they can :roll:

DG, i don't see why. i am giving the lad free publicity, and haven't said anything derogatory :)

anyway, the artist formerly known as adrian used to work for them. i'm sure he'll put in a good word for us if they check out the corps forum.

vive les Harp Players '91! :D

Welcome to the House of Fun...................Welcome to the House of Fun

Sixteen today, or so I'm told.................. (at least I was when sat in front of the Stick man).......................

This is an Exercise and Not a Battle Camp........................(Quote)

Madness, springs to mind.........................

You forgot the option:

SonofSchweik is a cunt.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
DG, i don't see why. i am giving the lad free publicity, and haven't said anything derogatory :)

anyway, the artist formerly known as adrian used to work for them. i'm sure he'll put in a good word for us if they check out the corps forum.

vive les Harp Players '91! :D
:lol:

For those of us not in the know, what exactly was this exercise about? Being held on Sennybridge I'm assuming that it was a proper green run around the forestry blocks, section attacks etc type exercise.

:?

No,

In the CAST building for the Exercise and Ranges for the first week. Actually tryig to prepare the TA for mobilisation.

The curfew was a bit of a shock to me I admit having volunteered (if you'll forgive the pun) to go over and deliver the 2nd half of the exercise ... my thoughts were ... 2 weeks on the urine in Padders. No plan survives contact as they say. I'm over it - some advice ... drink faster next time.

CIM; I'm having a few problems with my chocolate fondants - I can't seem to get the centres runny enough. An A1 source informs me that you may be able to help.

for those of us not in the know... why was there a curfew? was somebody naughty? did it lead to pillow fights after lights out, and midnight raids on the other dorms? :D