Gate Guards

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Redcap, Aug 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where and how you get redundant vehicles/guns etc for gate guards / unit display?

2. No. But be aware that if you do have one, it will be subject to arms control verification visits from former Warsaw Pact countries. Seriously.

3. There'll be some RIR (HS) Snatch wagons available soon.

4. Won't they be needed somewhere else?

5. Or anything that the RAF flies, because we rely on the US now for airpower.

6. Enquire through the QM(T) chain. Seriously, there is an obscure department at Donnington or somewhere which issues the things. I wasn't paying attention at the time, but I seem to recall that during Telic 1, when each major unit was allowed to acquire a single "trophy" (tank, field gun, etc), there was a blizzard of paperwork which was something to do with taking the trophies on strength of the gate guardian pool or suchlike. Then again, maybe it was all rowlocks designed to discourage untis from acquiring trophies...

7. You're a little bit obsessed aren't you? That's 3 (or is it 4) unrelated threads where you've brought up this R Irish disbandment thing unprovoked. Somebody must have really upset you..ah...bless.........

8. Try getting in touch with the QM(T) 14 Regt RA at RSA (or is it the Artillery Centre?? :roll: ). I'm sure I remember seeing a buckshee FH70 hiding up at 1st Bty. Can anybody confirm/deny its existence?

9. Go on tour and get one for fecks sake!

10. Not at all Paddy. I intended for it to upset you........and it looks like it worked!

Bogtrotters.........feck me do youz fellas bite.

11. Hmm I'm not quite sure what makes you think either a. I'm a paddy or b. I'm upset.......I'm just intrigued by your evident psychosis

12. Whatever Paddy, whatever.

13. Thanks for the reasoned argument old chap, truly a credit to the British Army

14. There is an old T54 siting in Cultybragen camp in Perthshire going cheap. Camps been closed down so a good home will no doubt be required.

15. The original poster might like to try the Ex-Military Land Rover Association, see if they can point you in the direction of an old Series III with a blue light on a pole. :p