• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gate Guards

#2
No. But be aware that if you do have one, it will be subject to arms control verification visits from former Warsaw Pact countries. Seriously.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#3
Redcap said:
Anyone know where and how you get redundant vehicles/guns etc for gate guards / unit display?

There'll be some RIR (HS) Snatch wagons available soon.
 
#6
The_Monocled_Mutineer said:
Or anything that the RAF flies, because we rely on the US now for airpower.
Enquire through the QM(T) chain. Seriously, there is an obscure department at Donnington or somewhere which issues the things. I wasn't paying attention at the time, but I seem to recall that during Telic 1, when each major unit was allowed to acquire a single "trophy" (tank, field gun, etc), there was a blizzard of paperwork which was something to do with taking the trophies on strength of the gate guardian pool or suchlike. Then again, maybe it was all rowlocks designed to discourage untis from acquiring trophies...
 
#7
Biscuits_AB said:
Redcap said:
Anyone know where and how you get redundant vehicles/guns etc for gate guards / unit display?

There'll be some RIR (HS) Snatch wagons available soon.
You're a little bit obsessed aren't you? That's 3 (or is it 4) unrelated threads where you've brought up this R Irish disbandment thing unprovoked. Somebody must have really upset you..ah...bless.........
 
#8
Try getting in touch with the QM(T) 14 Regt RA at RSA (or is it the Artillery Centre?? :roll: ). I'm sure I remember seeing a buckshee FH70 hiding up at 1st Bty. Can anybody confirm/deny its existence?
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#10
Temple said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Redcap said:
Anyone know where and how you get redundant vehicles/guns etc for gate guards / unit display?

There'll be some RIR (HS) Snatch wagons available soon.
You're a little bit obsessed aren't you? That's 3 (or is it 4) unrelated threads where you've brought up this R Irish disbandment thing unprovoked. Somebody must have really upset you..ah...bless.........
Not at all Paddy. I intended for it to upset you........and it looks like it worked!

Bogtrotters.........feck me do youz fellas bite.
 
#11
Biscuits_AB said:
Temple said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Redcap said:
Anyone know where and how you get redundant vehicles/guns etc for gate guards / unit display?

There'll be some RIR (HS) Snatch wagons available soon.
You're a little bit obsessed aren't you? That's 3 (or is it 4) unrelated threads where you've brought up this R Irish disbandment thing unprovoked. Somebody must have really upset you..ah...bless.........
Not at all Paddy. I intended for it to upset you........and it looks like it worked!

Bogtrotters.........feck me do youz fellas bite.
Hmm I'm not quite sure what makes you think either a. I'm a paddy or b. I'm upset.......I'm just intrigued by your evident psychosis
 
#14
There is an old T54 siting in Cultybragen camp in Perthshire going cheap. Camps been closed down so a good home will no doubt be required.
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#15
The original poster might like to try the Ex-Military Land Rover Association, see if they can point you in the direction of an old Series III with a blue light on a pole. :p
 
#17
Biscuits_AB said:
Temple said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Whatever Paddy, whatever.
Thanks for the reasoned argument old chap, truly a credit to the British Army
Reasoned argument + Redundant Irishman???

Novel concept.
I don't know what that's supposed to mean (do you?) but as it's dragging this totally off the original subject I shall say no more. I guess you can't argue with a blinkered bigot, who also obviously doesn't have a clue about the person who he is supposedly arguing with, so back to gate guards..........
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#20
Temple said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Temple said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Whatever Paddy, whatever.
Thanks for the reasoned argument old chap, truly a credit to the British Army
Reasoned argument + Redundant Irishman???

Novel concept.
I don't know what that's supposed to mean (do you?) but as it's dragging this totally off the original subject I shall say no more. I guess you can't argue with a blinkered bigot, who also obviously doesn't have a clue about the person who he is supposedly arguing with, so back to gate guards..........

.........the MGS might take you on after your redundancy. They guard gates. I don't believe that they have vehicles though.......for sale or otherwise.
 

Latest Threads