Gas, Wasser und Schiessen - Bundeswehr advert?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Saw an ‘interesting’ advert in the bogs in a service station in the Fatherland. Anyone able to explain it?
9D53072B-7CBE-4AEE-B221-58EFDF4D51E7.jpeg

Saw an ‘interesting’ advert in the bogs in a service station in the Fatherland. Anyone able to explain it?
View attachment 399829
They did try to attract craftsmen to the Bundeswehr. In Germany plumbers in colloquial speech are known as Gas, Wasser, Scheiße-Installateur. So this really, really funny and innovative ad surely attracted 50.000 Plumbers to our beloved Wehr... erm Bundeswehr. If they carry on ze List vill be full in short time.

Play on words as the man above stated. Scheissen = shitting; Schiessen = shooting.

Though I can't really see any well qualified Klempner (plumbers) bothering to lower their income level by joining the Bundeswhermacht.

At an autobahn petrol station last weekend I was somewhat taken aback to be engaged at a range of 80 cm by what appeared to be a Bundeswehr recruiting video, displayed on a video screen craftily mounted on the top of the urinal I was pissing into. Talk about a captive audience.......

Play on words as the man above stated. Scheissen = shitting; Schiessen = shooting.

Though I can't really see any well qualified Klempner (plumbers) bothering to lower their income level by joining the Bundeswhermacht.
If a plumber is payed by tariff his starting income will be lower as the income of a normal private. As plumber he starts with aproximately 2050 € gross and has to pay taxes and national insurance contributions. His yearly pay raise will be between 50 and 100 €. As private he starts with 2277,07 € after the civil servant's salary index scale, then there is a surcharge of 42,29 € for being private and if he is has children there are additional surcharges and he doesn't have to pay health insurance contribution. His pay wil rise at about 50€ for the first 8 years if he stays private.

Why does an Army feel the need to target plumbers in a recruiting drive?
Are they planning something we should know about?
Well, next time we will drain the Channel, so no escaping for the BEF. For this task we need plumbers. :crazy:
They are also likely to be rather good at piping and....erm.....ablutions.

If a plumber is payed by tariff his starting income will be lower as the income of a normal private. As plumber he starts with aproximately 2050 € gross and has to pay taxes and national insurance contributions. His yearly pay raise will be between 50 and 100 €. As private he starts with 2277,07 € after the civil servant's salary index scale, then there is a surcharge of 42,29 € for being private and if he is has children there are additional surcharges and he doesn't have to pay health insurance contribution. His pay wil rise at about 50€ for the first 8 years if he stays private.
I used to get collared to do job's for my property owning friend in Dortmund whenever I flew over for a weekend shoot because he could never find a qualified plumber to do the work for him. I had a look and found that a 4th year trainee could expect around E2500 Brutto monthly and as a qualified plumber with some supervisory responsibility could be expecting around E4000 a month.

That said, over E2000 as a private is not bad and I would assume that there would be a Feldwebel laufbahn /accelerated promotion to Sgt for already qualified tradesmen joining the Bundeswehr.

Why does an Army feel the need to target plumbers in a recruiting drive?
Are they planning something we should know about?
Perhaps it's got lost in translation and they're really looking for plumpers?

I used to get collared to do job's for my property owning friend in Dortmund whenever I flew over for a weekend shoot because he could never find a qualified plumber to do the work for him. I had a look and found that a 4th year trainee could expect around E2500 Brutto monthly and as a qualified plumber with some supervisory responsibility could be expecting around E4000 a month.

That said, over E2000 as a private is not bad and I would assume that there would be a Feldwebel laufbahn /accelerated promotion to Sgt for already qualified tradesmen joining the Bundeswehr.
Don't know how it is today but as far as i remember back in the days, when we were waiting for the 8th Guards Army on their way to the Channel career soldiers with a proper professional trainig got promoted faster.

Don't know how it is today but as far as i remember back in the days, when we were waiting for the 8th Guards Army on their way to the Channel career soldiers with a proper professional trainig got promoted faster.
I know that there are some career paths that have what they call the Feldwebel laufbahn which is accelerated promotion to Sgt - about 18 months of courses. I was over visiting a couple of times last year and from what I can gather talking to many NCO's and both a newly promoted and also an experienced Oberstleutnant the Bundeswehr is having serious recruitment and retention problems. They are asking potential retiree's to extend their service and are taking back people who have retired in the last couple of years also - therefore I would assume that there are some huge incentives being offered to individuals with the skillsets that the Bundeswehr needs.

I know that there are some career paths that have what they call the Feldwebel laufbahn which is accelerated promotion to Sgt - about 18 months of courses. I was over visiting a couple of times last year and from what I can gather talking to many NCO's and both a newly promoted and also an experienced Oberstleutnant the Bundeswehr is having serious recruitment and retention problems. They are asking potential retiree's to extend their service and are taking back people who have retired in the last couple of years also - therefore I would assume that there are some huge incentives being offered to individuals with the skillsets that the Bundeswehr needs.
Well 30 years of neglect disguised as "peace dividend" took their toll on staff and material. And, in my opinion the biggest factor, the Armed Forces in Germany are disdained.

That bit that says - "Handwerker (M/W/D) gesucht."

I get the M - mannlich,
and I get the W - weiblich.

What the hell is a "D?" Please don't tell me it's a "new" gender.........