Gas May Have Harmed (US) Troops, Scientists Say

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by rockape34, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. apologies if this is posted elsewhere.

here

2. Scientists working with the Defense Department have found evidence that a low-level exposure to sarin nerve gas — the kind experienced by more than 100,000 American troops in the Persian Gulf war of 1991 — could have caused lasting brain deficits in former service members

American soldiers actually have brains :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Easy tiger. I expect there were Brits under that sarin cloud as well.

4. There undoubtedly were.

5. This sounds kind of familiar over here aswell.

The Pentagon has not decided whether to inform veterans about the possibility of a link between exposure and brain damage.

:x

6. Yet another chucklehead who probably has never spent a day in uniform and certainly has never been closer to an American soldier than watching BBC. :roll:

7. Actually fella I start the Welsh Guards in September

8. Well if you want to make it in this mans army you fcuking nig Id keep comments like that to yourself. Until you've seen and done it wind it in, hopefully ex servicemen with Gulf War Syndrome this side of the water who Ive served with during 1991 dont see your comments. :x

9. I was on about the Americans not our lads

10. Sarastro

Sarastro LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Question is, which bloody genius ordered disposal of chem warheads with a low-rent explosion instead of correct chemical neutralisation, and where is his court-martial? Or did they just not bother to check the silo?

Welshlad - spade down, step away.

11. We were in it together you cant pick and choose who suffers and who doesnt.

12. I rest my case... you have much to learn.

13. Ye well i just don't rate American troops I think there undisciplined cowboys who shoot anythin that moves

14. Give yourself five years in uniform and a couple of tours before you can make judgement. You are just making yourself sound like a walting Fuking media scum movie watcher. I have good and bad experiences with the Americans which I keep to myself, dont comment on what youve seen on the tely or heard from the Scum.

15. Don't judge the majority on the actions of the few. All large organisations have their own idiots.