Gas masks for the discerning tear gassee

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by skid2, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

While perusing elsewhere I noticed a lot of my more colourful friends (pro Palestinian, anti state forces, Che Guevara t shirt wearing, daily mail reading types) Bitching about their support for Arab spring and the Turkish protesters?
    They also mentioned G8 and the need to protest against the capitalists.
    What's needed is some advice on gasmasks and headgear. These aren't the sort to have a mark 6 or a stadium 8 sitting around and certainly won't be willing to dip the shemagh in a bucket of mixed pee.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. MCU-2/P with the heavy tint overlay.

3. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

4. In all seriousness, having more than a passing interest in resis can attract police attention.

5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

I figured that but I just don't want to see them letting the side down. Running about Fermanagh protesting and thinking its quite ok to run about with loaves of bread or plastic bottles taped to their head.
    Whoever's supplying the protesters in Istanbul must be making a fortune.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. I reckon they'll be running about Tyrone meself. Close as anyone's going to get.

7. Tell them the use of CS isn't a tactical option for PO in NI and gas masks don't stop water cannon, impact rounds or batons so they can save their money for more Che t-shirts.

8. Will tear gas work in the most piss wet through environment in Europe?

9. [​IMG]

Ear loops included!

10. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

12. What I really want to see is - if water cannon get the go-ahead for mainland UK - is a riot in Wales, and have plod try to put it down using a water cannon.

Would be interesting to see if anyone notices.

13. Of course they will... The water is warm for a start.

• Like Like x 1
  14. And a bit of soap in there as well wouldn't hurt