Gary, Tank Commander.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Chef, Jul 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to be shown dahn saff, on BBC 3 tonight, after Family Guy. 23.45hrs.
  2. THe SCOTS DGs deny any Familienähnlichkeit to the above series.
  3. Does it come with English subtitles? :biggrin:
  4. Don't know about the subtitles but it was recently on virgin media catchup with a 'language warning'
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

cool I've been trying to download this but the links have dried up. due for series 2 by all accounts
  6. Does it come with any jokes or anything else to stop me from turning it off. Too late
  7. What's the deal with Gary then? Is he gay? Metrosexual? Why were there no tanks in this episode?
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I didnt think they had tanks in bastion? he reminded me of that fat katy comedy woman type thing.

I'll see how the series pans out, bbc3 so I dont expect the comedy genius of so haunt me more rentaghost :)
  9. The wit - when it's there - isn't delivered in what has become the norm, there being no canned laughter; A tool that a lot of poor comedy uses to condition its audience. As for the jokes themselves, some of it is satire, some goes straight for obvious and a good few attempts at squaddie-humour. A lot of fails but a lot of hits too.

Succinctly, it's a marmite show.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I tried but couldn't get past about the 10 minute point, just didn't find it amusing at all. Oh well, horses for courses and all that.
  11. The first series was pretty good, particulary liked a line from one episode where they cover fire strikes 'the men and larger ladies of the fire service need more time off to count their wonga...'

Second series was pump though, best avoided.
  12. Quite a fan of this, having been introduced to it by a Scottish-type person. As mentioned above, you either love it or hate it though. At the moment, our office is split 50/50.

Episode with the American General is bloody genius.
  13. Utter shite, it was being shown on bfbs in theatre, blokes would rather sit in the dark outside then sit in the tv room and watch it.
  14. I have to say I hold with the idea, of watching at least a couple of progs to allow time to establish characters and situations. It seems to have the essence of squaddie life, but I can't believe that a full-screw could be that daft. Lance jack, yes, some Sgts I've known, yes, how they got through Cpl and then lost focus I don't know.

Overall I liked the first one, I think its like The Office, it took a while of watching repeats before I got it.