Gary: Tank Commander

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by crash test, Jan 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone seen this?
    Found it on BBCi Player and had me in stitches.

2. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Episode 3 of the second series is the best so far.

3. Shitter than a shit thing on a shit stick.

Probably designed for Scottish viewing only and thus doesn't require having to stimulate those with an IQ above room temperature.

4. It is a cure for insomnia though!

5. As opposed to that ultimate expression of the Thespian's art, Eastenders...

6. I enjoy it, despite having a three-figure IQ, and not being a Scot. You must have your head up your own arse.

7. Fang_Farrier

Nah, it is designed so it can be watched by twats as well. Hope you enjoy it.

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

He is fat and thick - typical donkey walloper then!

It is quite funny with some genuine squaddy humour. It is worth a go.

9. There's a second series? Ta must look it out on iplayer some night, not being in Scotland anymore it's difficult to keep upto speed.... I found with series one it was very hit and miss... it seemed to run out of steam by the last episode which was the one I forced my dad to watch and he is now convinced it is sh*te!

But good viewing when there's nothing else on... liked the bit in the first series about having sex in the disabled bogs, v funny. And the OTC episode in series one perfectly depicted OTC types...

On a completely unrelated note - can anyone tell me if the last two episodes of "The Scheme" ever came out? Now that show was comedy gold!!! :-D

10. The BBC keep saying they will show them but don't say when , probably when the Schemies stop getting lifted by the Polis.
    The last two episodes were on youtube for a while but the BBC got wind of them and they were pulled.

As for Garreh haven't got a clue where you'll be able to see the full new series.

11. So that will be never then! haha :) "ah'll show em aww that ahm no a daftie!" I can nearly quote the first two episodes by heart!

It's ok it's on iplayer over here and I have Sky so I can see it on BBC Scotland too, thanks flo :)

12. If you get past the uniform faux pas' the really is some cracking squaddie humour in it (there must be an ex Tom writting for it)

13. Fang_Farrier

All written by McHugh himslef, he's quite often on Radio Scotland and is often asked about it, but he must have some inside knowledge. they were showing air bumming in series one!

14. Feck off. Mind you, i thought it was a documentary on the RTR, PErocks i believe was used as a basis for Gary

15. For those of us awa fae the motherland, it is on BBC Scotland on sky 971. Which incidentally usually has a better commentary than Butler and Moore for the rugby!