• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gary McKinnon, welcome to the US penal system

#4
He'll be given a job in the library of a mental health unit in a Federal facility (read prison). He's lucky he wont do time in a State facility where he would be 'advised' to join the Aryan Brotherhood and pimped out within the gang.
 
#5
McKinnon should be sent to the States, if he is such an austic mong then his mother should have cuffed him and not let him near a PC.

If he had of hacked into LATC Mil and killed 800 folk in a United 777 touching a BA 747 crashing on the M4 he would of been hung.
 
#6
It's a weird story, some people think this guy is some computer hacker with huge experience and ability, in reality the facts of the case were:

1 - He used an old bog standard computer.
2 - He had a dial up connection, not even broadband!
3 - He went onto the site and just started using names like Admin and passwords such as password.
4 - He got in because of this, they did not remove the basic admin/password from the system.
5 - He went hunting for ET stuff, didn't find it and went onto other conspiracy sites.


I think a lot of this case is to hide the embarrassing fact that their system was so easily beaten, if a man with no more than a basic knowledge of computers and behind the times technology can breach their security what are the real questions that should be asked, if this was the UK system would people be happy that the system was so lax?
 
#7
Killaloe said:
McKinnon should be sent to the States, if he is such an austic mong then his mother should have cuffed him and not let him near a PC.

If he had of hacked into LATC Mil and killed 800 folk in a United 777 touching a BA 747 crashing on the M4 he would of been hung.
However, he didn't, he hacked in to the Pentagon looking for info on UFOs. He's not a 'mong' either, many people with Asperger's are highly intelligent individuals, I've worked with two who have advised government on their areas of special interest.
 
#8
emperour mong to US IT bods
its friday afternoon just leave the password as password for your boss is a mong who continually loses passwords and nobody will suspect the US military does'nt change its passwords
it bod cheers for that its miller time
the emperour Bwhahahaahahaha :twisted:

a half decent lawyer will call whose ever in charge of military IT security :twisted:
 

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer
#10
Hacker usually end up working for the DoD, NSA or some other Shadowy Agency if they are any good. I'm not convinced the 'Jail time' won't mean he disappears 'off the grid' and ends up in an anti - hacking job somewhere.

That said, he is (allegedly) a quasi - mong, so he might not be capable of working 9-5. And we know how fond the Yanks are of jailing people with mental problems for 100's of years (life meaning life).
 
#12
Argee2007 said:
1 - He used an old bog standard computer.
2 - He had a dial up connection, not even broadband!
3 - He went onto the site and just started using names like Admin and passwords such as password.
4 - He got in because of this, they did not remove the basic admin/password from the system.
5 - He went hunting for ET stuff, didn't find it and went onto other conspiracy sites.
He also deleted critical OS files, shut down the Washington Military District's computer network and deleted US Navy weapons logs, as well as leaving messages threatening to continue disrupting networks.

The Yanks can have him, as far as I'm concerned.
 
#15
jimmys_best_mate said:
Argee2007 said:
1 - He used an old bog standard computer.
2 - He had a dial up connection, not even broadband!
3 - He went onto the site and just started using names like Admin and passwords such as password.
4 - He got in because of this, they did not remove the basic admin/password from the system.
5 - He went hunting for ET stuff, didn't find it and went onto other conspiracy sites.
He also deleted critical OS files, shut down the Washington Military District's computer network and deleted US Navy weapons logs, as well as leaving messages threatening to continue disrupting networks.
Which is what the Septics allege, but don't have to provide any proof. This fella should never be given into the dubious embrace of an administration that fails to provide prisoners with basic human rights, that keeps prisoners in limbo and refuses to tell them what crimes they're charged with of allow them to see the evidence against them.

MsG
 
#16
Bugsy said:
Which is what the Septics allege, but don't have to provide any proof.
I'm sure they'll provide plenty of proof at his trial.

Bugsy said:
This fella should never be given into the dubious embrace of an administration that fails to provide prisoners with basic human rights, that keeps prisoners in limbo and refuses to tell them what crimes they're charged with of allow them to see the evidence against them.
He already knows what crimes he's charged with, and I don't think anyone's actually denying that he committed them.

Fcuk him, it's a shame that all hackers don't get caught.
 
#17
Bugsy said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
Argee2007 said:
1 - He used an old bog standard computer.
2 - He had a dial up connection, not even broadband!
3 - He went onto the site and just started using names like Admin and passwords such as password.
4 - He got in because of this, they did not remove the basic admin/password from the system.
5 - He went hunting for ET stuff, didn't find it and went onto other conspiracy sites.
He also deleted critical OS files, shut down the Washington Military District's computer network and deleted US Navy weapons logs, as well as leaving messages threatening to continue disrupting networks.
Which is what the Septics allege, but don't have to provide any proof. This fella should never be given into the dubious embrace of an administration that fails to provide prisoners with basic human rights, that keeps prisoners in limbo and refuses to tell them what crimes they're charged with of allow them to see the evidence against them.

MsG
Totally agreed.

Everything I have read about his exploits points towards a very intelligent but not very clever eccentric that went in search of UFO's and in the process unveiled the staggering level of incompetence when it came to the Spams securing their computers.

If the American gov told me it was Thursday today and that it was dark at night I'd check my calendar and look outside before I believed them. They are just p1ssed off that a Brit geek broke in and made them look like cnuts. To retaliate to this they have flexed their muscles and shown all of us that Liabour are simply puppets that bark when Uncle Sam tells them to.
 
#18
Aunty Stella said:
Everything I have read about his exploits points towards a very intelligent but not very clever eccentric that went in search of UFO's and in the process unveiled the staggering level of incompetence when it came to the Spams securing their computers.
Disagree with that Stella - if the coppers found you in the vault of a bank stuffing tenners in your pocket and you told them you were just a highly intelligent eccentric and it's was the guards fault for being asleep when you broke in, how long do you think it would take them to stop laughing before you were carted off to court and a few years in the big house?

Aunty Stella said:
Liabour are simply puppets that bark when Uncle Sam tells them to.
The Yanks have extradited a larger percentage of people we have asked for than we have sent to them in recent years, according to a story in the Times not long ago, which came from Home Office figures.
 
#19
jimmys_best_mate said:
Aunty Stella said:
Everything I have read about his exploits points towards a very intelligent but not very clever eccentric that went in search of UFO's and in the process unveiled the staggering level of incompetence when it came to the Spams securing their computers.
Disagree with that Stella - if the coppers found you in the vault of a bank stuffing tenners in your pocket and you told them you were just a highly intelligent excentric and it's was the guards fault for being asleep when you broke in, how long do you think it would take them to stop laughing before you were carted off to court and a few years in the big house?

Aunty Stella said:
Liabour are simply puppets that bark when Uncle Sam tells them to.
The Yanks have extradited a larger percentage of people we have asked for than we have sent to them in recent years, according to a story in the Times not long ago, which came from Home Office figures.
Yeah, and we all know how trustworthy figures provided by the Gub'mint are, don't we? :roll:

I'd be interested to know how many British requests for the extradition of ex-PIRA terrorists living in the US have been granted.
 
#20
According to Private Eye the US rarely send any US citizen to the UK for trial, instead stating that they can only be tried in the US unless compelling evidence is given beforehand. The UK send people to the US for trial without evidence, which is a huge difference.

As for the guy himself, i just tend to think the US are making him out to be some super hacker and internet terrorist, when in reality he is a nutter who managed to get into a system that was no secure.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts