Garmin Nuvi SD cards

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cuddles, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As part of my preparations for a battlefield tour I have just bought an SD card containing maps of Benelux and France. This is compatible with a Garmin 600 series GPS. I bought it from activegps.co.uk for £55 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying it via Garmin ($182) and comes with a next day delivery guarantee!

Assuming it pitches up as advertised, I will be using it to plan my itinerary and to keep on the S&N during the visit. Which funnily enough coincides with the Arrse crawl...my clients may find me less than chatty on Sunday morning.

2. Pitched up early today and it works as it should (i.e. plug and play)...

Roll on 4th April...

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

any screen shots etc Cuds? Would be nice to see the quality of the gps and maps

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The 600 series of Garmin units are the dog's nads mate.

I've been using the 60CSx for a while now and it's top banana.

They recently switched to doing OS topo maps of the UK, and I've got the entire UK on one card, showing rivers, lakes, paths, roads, service stations, shops, cinemas etcetcetc AND topographical data to boot.

If you want one, I can sort you out mates rates on ANY new Garmin.

5. OS topo? Curse you biped, I'm still on the road map thing! Good POI and it seems to have a sensible algorithm for working out routes - unlike my Navman which sent me out into Snowdonia (no police joke) and in the gathering fog I suddenly realised the grass verge had grown to 500m wide on each side! Sheep were friendly...