Garman Forerunner watch

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tom9748, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just about to part with £90 ish of my hard earned folding for a Garmin Forerunner 50 watch with footpod,USB stick and HR monitor,has anyone out there got one,used one? do they do what they say on the tin? any feedback on this bit of kit before I part with the cash,much appreciated ?
  2. A few of the guys in my running club complained about the battery life in the footpod on the 50. Having said that, it's still meant to be a very good training partner; good features & ease of use, and for it's current price, value for money.

My wife bought the 60 for my birthday (as a treat during training for the Dublin Marathon) - it's awesome; better features than the 50 (including an interval trainer which has been fantastic for speed work), and the footpod isn't as cumbersome, plus is as-good-as calibrated straight from the box. If you have an extra £45, you should stretch to the newer version.

Hope this helps
  3. I've got one and it's a good bit of kit. I have to agree about the battery life (if you ever need a new battery for the watch take it to a watch repairers as mine is still in bits because it's fcuking fiddly).

Shop around though mate as I only paid £50 for the lot from Amazon. £90 sounds a bit steep.
  4. Was that with the HR monitor,usb,and pod?
    89quid was the cheapest I could find?