Gareth Thomas admits to being HIV+

CatsEyes

War Hero
I'll believe public stigma is on the way out when the first gay/bi/transgender, e.t.c premiership footballer "comes out", while still playing at that level. Saying it when long into retirement doesn't count, as bravery seems to increase the longer time goes on.

Chef

LE
I'll believe public stigma is on the way out when the first gay/bi/transgender, e.t.c premiership footballer "comes out", while still playing at that level. Saying it when long into retirement doesn't count, as bravery seems to increase the longer time goes on.
It's a bit like senior officers waiting until their pension is safe before saying how the army, navy, police force is going to the dogs. Usually due to changes that occur during their tenure.

Money talks, BS walks. Twas ever thus.

Thomas was married. I hope/assume his ex Mrs is OK. He (Thomas) comes over to me as being on a bit of an ego trip. That's not an opinion I will share too widely here in South Wales...

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You do know that there's no such thing as safe sex, just safer sex don't you?
It's like that classic misconception that condoms stop everything, and then you end up with genital herpes.

I've often thought if being certified clean should be an everyday thing. "hey, your fit..got your red book and is it up to date?"

Failing all else, that's why you smash her in the ear. Still a hole, can hold a good amount of lube and compensates for size shortcomings.

Good AIDS at the moment.
I work with a bloke who’s had it for 14-15 years.
I asked him how he gets on day to day.
“I take a massive cocktail of drugs every day. I have to go back every so often to have them changed as they become less effective. They just tinker until the balance is right. There’ll be a time when I’m immune to all the drugs on offer at the moment”.

I asked what happens then.

“I’ll die. I’ll probably get something like pneumonia or similar & that’ll kill me”.

All quite pragmatic.
You would be pragmatic to borrow some cash of him sometime in the future.

I'll believe public stigma is on the way out when the first gay/bi/transgender, e.t.c premiership footballer "comes out", while still playing at that level.
Not likely to happen anytime soon, I think im right in saying there are no openly gay male players in the top four English and Scottish leagues.
The rival supporters will rip the piss out of them.

Not likely to happen anytime soon, I think im right in saying there are no openly gay male players in the top four English and Scottish leagues.
The rival supporters will rip the piss out of them.
Is that the same reason that no one openly admits to being RLC?

Is that the same reason that no one openly admits to being RLC?
Im torn between thinking you are just jealous of the RLC or that you are a bufty.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Welsh rugby star Gareth Thomas has revealed that he is HIV positive.

Mr Thomas, who came out as gay in 2009, is thought to be the first UK sportsman to go public about living with the virus, and has revealed that he was driven to suicidal thoughts as a result of his diagnosis.

He told the Sunday Mirror: “I’ve been living with this secret for years. I’ve felt shame and keeping such a big secret has taken its toll."
If I were the marrying kind,
which thank the Lord I'm not sir,
The kind of a man that I would wed
Would be a Rugby forward.
Then he'd put it in, and I'd put it in,
We'd both put it in together,
We'd be all right in the middle of the night,
Putting it in together.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Im torn between thinking you are just jealous of the RLC or that you are a bufty.
Are you a civvy yet?
If so now could be the time to come out.

MrsRid's cousin snuffed it just after last Christmas.
Same thing - the drugs couldn't keep up.
Left a few months old baby - fortunately not HIV+.
Pretty damn grim all round.
Once you are on downhill slide, it is very swift.
That’s bad news. At the end of the day, that’s a life gone, and a child growing up parentless. I hope all will come good for the nipper and the family.

It's like that classic misconception that condoms stop everything, and then you end up with genital herpes.

I've often thought if being certified clean should be an everyday thing. "hey, your fit..got your red book and is it up to date?"

Failing all else, that's why you smash her in the ear. Still a hole, can hold a good amount of lube and compensates for size shortcomings.
I was torn between the 'Like', 'Funny', 'Informative' and 'Dirty Bastard' buttons.

I know, there isn't a Dirty Bastard button but it should be introduced, along with the long awaited Groan button.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Are you a civvy yet?
If so now could be the time to come out.
Im an civvy but I've got my eye on the TA (only because I get 2 extra weeks paid leave to do so).

haggler

War Hero
How did we get to the stage where a gay slag who had more cock than Mary Millington is getting lauded as a hero?
World has gone wrong
Arse injected death sentence not dodgy transfusion.

Latest Threads