Gardening Forum?

Londo

LE
Out in the garden today picking the last of the runner beans . Only a dozen this time and also the green beans and there's enough of them for our Sunday roast later .
Might even get a few more of them next week
Last of the tomatoes were picked last week and turned into soup and there is just a few of them still getting ripe in the kitchen .
One of the plants had blight for some reason but not the others , all now pulled up .

One little laugh was as I had a surplus of cucumbers I persuaded a reluctant Mrs Londo to make cucumber soup .
Once made I had a taste and although not bad it seemed a bit of a wokish taste to me and didn't think I could eat bowls of the stuff so it got chucked .
Found it cleaned the pot it was made in a treat for some reason . Should have bottled it for future use :-D

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Last of my carrots lifted today. I have about two more meals-worth of parsnips and quite a few leeks, and am still picking little courgettes.

Londo

LE
Last of my carrots lifted today. I have about two more meals-worth of parsnips and quite a few leeks, and am still picking little courgettes.
Ate my one and only carrot a couple of weeks ago and that was out of a whole pack of seeds . Normally do so well with them
Only things I've really got on the go now are spring onions for next year and a raised bed full of leeks that are now nicely big enough to pull as and when required .
Had about 17 large marrows in the end but the three plants pulled now and in the compost bins .
Strawberry plants are being overwintered in the greenhouse this year ,

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
Our tomatoes are finished also, RIP, (Reduced into puree) and frozen for use in the future. They have been replaced by some spuds we hope to harvest for Xmas. The carrots seem to have done ok using the raised bed & the water tank method I was trying out. Taste not too bad either, and the dogs like them as well, sitting behind me 'begging' earlier when I was sorting some out for our evening meal.

Pots & carrots.JPG

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
Has anyone else had bits i.e. plants in the garden, UK wise, coming back into bloom again this year? We have some kafir lilies that are having a second show for some reason. Plus, I see that our 'Geoff Hamilton' rose has produced a couple of v late blooms!
We walk our dogs in a local wood, and have noticed that all the wild blackberry plants have produced extremely long 'leaders' stretching across the paths. Our own loganberry in the garden has grown unusually long shoots. I am hoping it is not turning into a Triffid!

Attachments

• Late Kafir lily.JPG
    Late Kafir lily.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
3 x 3 = a third for fruit and vege, a third for flowers (attracts bees etc) and a third for herbs (répulsif)...Symbios (SP)
Certain herbs, like Thym, are better to be potted, clay if possible...they consume too much water at the detrement of the other plants...they have roots that spread out wards..as opposed to down wards
Control your PH soil, in different zones of your patch
It will help you plant in a better and a more econimic way...
Aye, 'the good life', says i !
Keep up the good work, lads
You will harvest the fruit of your labour !

Has anyone else had bits i.e. plants in the garden, UK wise, coming back into bloom again this year? We have some kafir lilies that are having a second show for some reason. Plus, I see that our 'Geoff Hamilton' rose has produced a couple of v late blooms!
We walk our dogs in a local wood, and have noticed that all the wild blackberry plants have produced extremely long 'leaders' stretching across the paths. Our own loganberry in the garden has grown unusually long shoots. I am hoping it is not turning into a Triffid!
No garden-live in a flat- but the living room is south facing.
Poundshop rose is budding for the third time this year, snapdragon has flowered twice and orange blossomed the same.
Chillies are going mad as well!

seat_sniffer2

Old-Salt
Nearly forgot...

Out in the garden last Saturday morn, checking for any damage after the wild winds had blasted through overnight Fri. All the remaining leaves had certainly been stripped off everything! However, it did uncover these two little surprises. We had one the size of a 20p piece last year, but things are looking up. Two the size of 50p pieces. Perhaps in 20 yrs time we'll have a good crop, but doubt I'll be around to eat any :)

Attachments

• Kiwi 1.JPG
    Kiwi 1.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest Threads