Gardening Forum?

Only ever grown raspberries in the ground so can't help. Every spring I gave them a good top dressing of compost and always had a great crop.

Possibly your location as raspberries don't like high temperatures and like moisture hence why most cane stock comes from Scotland.
Thank you , Ill keep with them and see what happens in the future , will also water more frequently just in case they are drying out a bit . Due to their location they are a bit sheltered from rainfall .

If you want a good organic spray to deter the aphids and bugs, chop up some onions and garlic and a couple of peppers, soak the lot overnight and strain off the liquid. Mix it with a bit of water and you'll have a bug spray that tear gasses the beasties. I've gotten rid of severe blackfly infestations on beans and ornamentals such as Philadelphus this way. Don't get it in your own eyes though ffs.

I hope you're right, just seen a first swarm of bastard cabbage whites around my brassicas.........

I hope you're right, just seen a first swarm of bastard cabbage whites around my brassicas.........
If you really don't want to use a spray, you can get a fine plastic mesh netting from garden centres that you can cover them with. It's available in sheets or hooped tunnels. That spray will work well on them though, just make sure you get it on them and mind the ones that like to hide in leaf curls or the undersides of the leaves.

Even soapy water spray will help, it certainly got rid of Aphids on my broad beans but you have to spray them every day sometimes just to be sure. With broad beans you can just twist the tops off but brassicas are a big problem. I do know someone who uses anti-Butterfly cages and nets. You need 7mm diamond mesh or smaller. Amazon does it.

1563733318607.png

I forget who it was, maybe @JackPrior said the little twats have a Plan B, to drop their filthy eggs on netting, so they will still reach your veg ?
I have had this problem in the past with the little swine dropping the're eggs through netting .onto my Brussels . This year Iv;e got a fine mesh over the top as per @JackPriors post above . Ill let you know how they get on .