Gardening Forum?

Discussion in 'DIY' started by lumpy2, Jun 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had a quick search for this and there doesn't appear to be a specific forum for gardening. I suppose the subject occasionally overlaps with the Cookery and DIY forums, but would there be any interest in a specific place to exchange gardening tips (and of course post smug photos of your prize winning dahlias)

I for one would be interested. Anyone else?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. You just know it would turn into the S**d forum in hours!!
  3. I've sacked the spuds this year in favour of more onions.

Next year my raised beds will be finished so I'll be good to go for spuds again.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  4. Are Lawnmowers included? I just bought a fantastic Briggs and Stratton powered McCulloch......
  5. Thumbs up for a gardening forum from this end
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm looking at buying one of these: Mountfield 1430H Lawn Tractor - comments anyone?
  7. If only my postage stamp of a lawn would justify it. Oh, and SWMBO...
  8. Grow your own strawberries, you'll never buy shop bought, forced crap again!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I started to paint my fence by hand today.....soon realised spending £19.98 on a spray device was probably a good investment !
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. has your neighbours car got a new effect to the paint ???
    i had a new van once lad spraying the fence with creosote used a knapsack sprayer
    my van looked fetching with the new stripey look !!
  11. we only have a garden the size of a livingroom , so we only grow a few of each (toms,pots,garlic, onions and carrots ) in old washing peg baskets , and various herbs ....only doing it. to show the little one that veg doesn't just come out of a supermarket......wish we had a bigger garden
    • Like Like x 1
  12. and yes , I wouldn't mind a garden forum
    • Like Like x 1