Gardening Forum?

L

lumpy2

Had a quick search for this and there doesn't appear to be a specific forum for gardening. I suppose the subject occasionally overlaps with the Cookery and DIY forums, but would there be any interest in a specific place to exchange gardening tips (and of course post smug photos of your prize winning dahlias)

I for one would be interested. Anyone else?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You just know it would turn into the S**d forum in hours!!

T

TheSnake

Are Lawnmowers included? I just bought a fantastic Briggs and Stratton powered McCulloch......

Grow your own strawberries, you'll never buy shop bought, forced crap again!

I started to paint my fence by hand today.....soon realised spending £19.98 on a spray device was probably a good investment !

J

Joshua Slocum

has your neighbours car got a new effect to the paint ???
i had a new van once lad spraying the fence with creosote used a knapsack sprayer
my van looked fetching with the new stripey look !!

we only have a garden the size of a livingroom , so we only grow a few of each (toms,pots,garlic, onions and carrots ) ...flowers in old washing peg baskets , and various herbs ....only doing it. to show the little one that veg doesn't just come out of a supermarket......wish we had a bigger garden

I got 3 tomato plants free but they aren't doing much so far - any tips welcome :)
otherwise I have mint, chives and parsley. The rocket isn't doing too well this year. I got some seeds for aubergine, beetroot, coriander, onion, radish, pumpkin and melon (all free :) )so must plant them at the weekend!

Yes, a gardening forum would be nice, I may find out how to have non growing grass and non weed growing earth. I fecking hate gardening.

we only have a garden the size of a livingroom , so we only grow a few of each (toms,pots,garlic, onions and carrots ) ...flowers in old washing peg baskets , and various herbs ....only doing it. to show the little one that veg doesn't just come out of a supermarket......wish we had a bigger garden
Get the best bang for the bucks, go for the most expensive, but easy to tend stuff.

Raspberries are easy, take up little room on a south- facing fence, but give a lot of expensive treats.

Leeks are easy, all the pests hate them and they grow in a small space.

Living lettuce from certain supermarkets are immature plants, but transplanted into plastic troughs, will give months of tasty lettuce.

Parsley from small pots in supermarkets will grow on to large plants in larger pots.

Choose the expensive veg that don't keep well, forget stuff like carrots that are in season when they're cheap in the shops.