Garden shed Bar/Pub-Man Cave.

Have a heart. For some of us, it's the only place we get away from 'er indoors....a place where you can have a fag and a cuppa while sat down and alone lol
True. Many a time I have taken shelter in my heavily spider infested shed.

Just in case the spiders are insufficient deterrent there is a whole family of rats living under it.

Well I saw two sets of beady eyes once. Might have been squirrels or maybe mice.

Best not take any chances though.

It's amazing what you can do with a small shed sized structure and the reality is that not many blokes have the space on their properties for anything large. The missus will want her lawn, outdoor setting and flowerbeds and you're left with the compost heap and greenhouse.
Ooi, Anyone watch "Amazing spaces" on telly. Quite fascinating, imho. There's some very smart buggers around and some of them have me rewinding to see how they've managed to get habitation in a space you couldn't park a SWB Landy on.

Shush, love, the lads are talking about sh*ds here.

Now put yer knickers on, and go and make us all some sandwiches.

*DUCKS*

Look out,, she'll go all snail on you..................then you'll be sorry.

I've got a 12x10 shed in the garden but it's chokka with stuff after the Homebase firesale two years ago when they shut down. I basically went in every day at 0900hrs and said "Has the final sale started yet?" until the day it did. First in the door, everything was 80% off and as I'd been tracking the prices for literally weeks before hand, and had a list of what I wanted, I made a ******* killing.... and a few losses. Turns out buying a load of new doors for the house doesn't work if you don't measure what size of doors you need first......... Who'd have thought it?!

The downside is I can't actually get through the front door of my shed.

I was thinking of doing a workshop space, especially if we make this move to a house we're looking at with a substantially bigger garden.

I figure that I can't go wrong with posts, old pallets and a lot of nails and screws. There can't be that much to this building a safe and stable structure business!?

I'll just make sure I wear a hard hat at all times whilst in it.....
Careful now, easy does it. You need a bit more practice first, start with these...........

I used to live in a house boat powered from a long forgotten disused lamp post, they are only 6 amp fused so you have to change that for a start. They are not metered so no one knows if any power is being robbed. Its someone's job to drive around at night looking for dud lamp posts to report to the maintainence team, so if your bulb is not okay you need to disconnect asap.

Mine was sawn off above the fuse box ,and left in the hedge and forgotten about anyway.
Here the various cities put meters up in the most unlikely places to power things like lighting in decorative displays and outdoor water sprinklers. Recently I have noticed homeless people plugging their mobiles and laptops into the power socket that is hidden underneath these meters. Nothing to stop an enterprising homeowner plugging into one is it backs onto the garden, as a few do.

@Bacongrills , dont mean to teach you to suck eggs n all that, but make sure the wood is well coated with preservative and is off the floor to stop rot, mate. Softwoods a bugger for rotting from the ends pretty quick.

@Bacongrills , dont mean to teach you to suck eggs n all that, but make sure the wood is well coated with preservative and is off the floor to stop rot, mate. Softwoods a bugger for rotting from the ends pretty quick.
Its got used engine oil on the base timbers, and undersides of the planking, and is set on bricks, slates on top of that, and DPC on that. I only rent the land so I can't put a permanent base down.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
an old workmate bought a vintage caravan cheaply, its only a 2 berth, tiny thing to go behind an Austin 7. the intention was to restore it, I ran him a power cable out for a heater and a light and a socket to get soem work done, in 9 years he has done the square root of F*** all !
however, a radio sits in there along with some nice books, a jacket his pipe and baccy, its even got a little travel kettle and an intercom to save his wife bothering him, the door is on the outside wall side away from the house, having 3 daughters he uses it to hide away and read
or as he tells folks restore slowly

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have you looked at pallet construction?

I’ve seen farm buildings made out of pallets and then clad in waney edged larch. They look pretty good are cheap as **** and pretty solid.

I quite fancy sticking one of these up in the woods and having a yank style trappers cabin but on the cheap.

I’ve seen farm buildings made out of pallets and then clad in waney edged larch. They look pretty good are cheap as **** and pretty solid.

I quite fancy sticking one of these up in the woods and having a yank style trappers cabin but on the cheap.

On the cheap, pffft! More like this methinks.

This is quite a good project ===> The Man-Cave 'Cabin' That Has to Be Seen to Be Believed

Just started a new 2 x 3 m shed build, all recycled wood off pallets and packing cases. Found a local import company with a 3 x 3 m plywood packing case they needed to get rid of, so its going to be 6 mm ply sides.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r800/Rufus7134m/Mobile Uploads/IMG_20190218_154329_zpsmhrfukfl.jpg

It'll be nice when it's finished!

Nothing wrong with knocking up your own shed, it's people like this I take objection to:

He thought it was a good idea to start his own ******* petrol station!

Thief who set up black market in petrol after stealing £1,800 worth of fuel avoids jail | Daily Mail Online

One thing selling a few 'under the radar' shandies from your new man cave. Another thing filling up before you go home drunk as a skunk.

"1 half of pale ale and 2 gallons of 4 Star please". ****.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

Lightweights matey
I built a pyrat ship out of pallets

IMG_8448.JPG
IMG_8451 - Copy.JPG
IMG_8452.JPG
IMG_8455.JPG
IMG_8457 - Copy (2).JPG
IMG_8458 - Copy.JPG
IMG_8466.JPG
IMG_8472 - Copy.JPG
IMG_8475 - Copy - Copy.JPG
IMG_8486.JPG
IMG_8493 - Copy.JPG
IMG_8499.JPG

Nothing wrong with knocking up your own shed, it's people like this I take objection to:

Thief who set up black market in petrol after stealing £1,800 worth of fuel avoids jail | Daily Mail Online

One thing selling a few 'under the radar' shandies from your new man cave. Another thing filling up before you go home drunk as a skunk.

Is he building a shed with the ill gotten gains?

Bardsley, an out-of-work plasterer ...no such thing, the dole grabbing, benefit cheating druggy

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd give that 48 hrs before the council knock on the door with a court order.
it was there for 2 weeks
in my front garden raising money for charity
so they can F*** right off
they dont do owt about fat people driving across the footpaths, so why shoudl they worry about a pirate ship
we did intend to build it in the middle of the road, but my wife vetoed that
got a 5 mile traffic jam and over 300 kids visiting
so well worth the hassle

Latest Threads