Garbage

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Madre-Mia, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. xxx[/quote]
    Yes, he's not too impressed by the delays and even mentioned the Paras, at which point I said, so what will you be able to fix at the end of that then....

Nothing wrong with joining the Paras......................... one of the best.

2. Yes, he's not too impressed by the delays and even mentioned the Paras, at which point I said, so what will you be able to fix at the end of that then....

Nothing wrong with joining the Paras......................... one of the best.[/quote]thankyou madre-mia,as u may know there r paras in my family, however "after paras" perhaps retirement, for god sakes how much are the paras expected to take on, but the two 18yr old paras who were blown up last year were training to become interpreters such was their gift with languages, these were the brightest best men doing the most dangerous job.

3. Yes, he's not too impressed by the delays and even mentioned the Paras, at which point I said, so what will you be able to fix at the end of that then....

Nothing wrong with joining the Paras......................... one of the best.[/quote]

Indeed, and one of my nephews whos not quite so academic may well end up being one. However I've encouraged my JS to learn a trade and work towards that in his studies. I'd rather he did that now than later in life when he has a family. Given he was one of the few lads that got the grades I would hope he sticks to the deal we have.

He tells me they are doing a lot of education this week, going over the basic math. Its good to hear the AFC are keeping them on their toes in more ways than one. :)

4. My second post and yet again it is in answer to negative comments - I generally like to read all the posts but rarely comment, however....(here goes) having lived abroad for the past five years my son is unable to complete his school exams for another 2 years. He was not prepared to wait so has left school without any academic qualifications; this was his choiceb. After his interviews and tests at the recruitment offices he was offered a route into Military Intelligence - No he wants to be a Para - he is academically very bright, reads writes and speaks 2 languages fluently and yes, he will still be a Para - This doesn´t make him stupid, he is following a dream and well done to him. Maybe your nephew who is not so academic will not be good enough for the paras as they only recruit the best!!!
    I don´t want to appear as if I am having a go at you but your comments are Crass and suggest (by inference) that being a Para is second best. Without the brave lads that defend the technical crews there would be no need for technicians.

6. padre_mia said................."I dislike the need for oneupmanship and feel that there is a latent snobbery about choices"

You are absolutely right in what you say. I wanted my son to go in as apprentice Field Marshall but they wouldn't have it!

7. Isn´t it true that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

8. To enjoy this thread, you'll need to lighten up a bit. I wasn't being sarcastic, just trying to inject a bit of humour, sorry if you didn't realise that.

9. Fair do´s -

10. loosescrew you do make me laugh, that was so funny watching that and i do believe you when i saw the clip. i actually thought that is just the way i image you lol. is that true?

mandy xxx

11. Mandy said............................"loosescrew you do make me laugh, that was so funny watching that and i do believe you when i saw the clip. i actually thought that is just the way i image you lol. is that true?

mandy xxx "

Well, perhaps once upon a time Mandy :(

12. No wine for moose-d, have you seen her quote...................."Ooooh i do apol Barvo 2 Zero!!!! LOL "

I ask you, what's all that about? Is she speaking Swahili or just double Dutch? Or is she Brahms and Liszt?

13. I think very little store is put by the old faithful squaddie two step shuffle.
    Stand with feet shoulder width apart, back straight, stomach in, chest out and look up!
    Strike, sieze and grasp a pint of ale and bend the right arm 90 degrees, forearm parallel to the ground, holding the pint level with the 2nd button of the tunic.
    Left arm straight and pinned in to the side.
    Bring the left foot to the right foot and return to its start point. Bring the right foot to the left foot and return to its start point.
    Repeat five times then raise pint to mouth, take two gulps and return level with 2nd button of the tunic.
    Repeat the complete movement for the duration of the song.

N.B.
    This movement does not apply to the following songs:
    Baggy Trousers - Madness
    Town Called Malice - The Jam
    Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
    Any other track from the album "Now That's What I Call The Sergeants Mess Summer Ball"

14. Padre-mia, we have very stringent forum rules on here, the main one being absolutely no Victor Meldrew's allowed so keep it humourous and enjoy! :D :D

15. Can i be Mrs Meldrew??? plz plz pretty plz

mandy xxx