Gap insurance

Thanks to the poor driving skills of a certain young lady (see photo below) I will be taking delivery of a new motor shortly. Gap insurance will be on my shopping list. I've done a bit of shopping around so have an idea of what it will cost me but was wondering if any ARRSErs had recently found particularly good de
crash.JPG
als out there.

Thanks in advance

Devex the indestructabe

Hope the young lady all ok, her fault or other person.
Used GAP insurance a while ago but got it via Churchill Insurance but underwritten by 3rd party.
Worth having for the first 3 - 5 years depending on the car & depreciation.

Have a look at Gap insurance – do you need it?
I got Gap insurance on a Dacia Sandero Stepway (Wife's car, Honest) for circa £100 (as opposed to £395 the garage were trying to fleece me for.
Recently paid about £140 for Gap insurance on my Jag E Pace via Vanarama.

I had gap insurance when a lovely young lass piled into the back of me and wrote my car off. It was through the main dealer, so not the cheapest but they had paid in full without any quibbles within 2 weeks of the accident. Make sure you get return to invoice cover

Attachments

You need to show us your FM3 for that, how did you get so comprehensively t-boned?
She lost it in the bend ahead coming towards me and fishtailed off the verge and into me. Not far from our old stamping ground, between Bromham and Oakley

She lost it in the bend ahead coming towards me and fishtailed off the verge and into me. Not far from our old stamping ground, between Bromham and Oakley
Glad you're ok.

ches

LE
I had gap insurance when a lovely young lass piled into the back of me and wrote my car off. It was through the main dealer, so not the cheapest but they had paid in full without any quibbles within 2 weeks of the accident. Make sure you get return to invoice cover
Wot he said ref RtoI level of cover otherwise you'll be all over the place trying to get a pay out. I'd also only bother on a new to 3 yr old car. Beyond that waste of money imo. I had a Lotus Exige from new with GAP that came with the car from the dealer for its 1st year. Equated to about £600 per annum. 2nd year a quick Google for indy cover & I was paying about £125 per annum. For new/rare cars its a nice to have,

Admiral with whom I already insure all the family cars have quoted £180 but I’ve found a quote for three years online for £128.

Latest Threads