Gap between main board and Sandurst start

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by coulddobetter, Dec 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I have my main board in February, and am planning on going to Sandhurst in September if I am successful. I am going travelling for a couple of months in between the two and am unsure is there anything that will be required of me from the Army between main board in Feb and September?

I heard about a pre Sandhurst course, is this something everyone has to go on before term starts? What are the timings like with this? Do they offer a variety of dates? As long as I can do it before May or in late July/Aug then I'm fine, don't want to mess things up, particularly as I have just booked my flights!

2. There is a PCCBC course that is (I think) 3 days. Medical, boot issue etc. It is non-optional but don't know anything about dates, I think there are a few per Sandhurst intake.
  3. As far as I've heard they run them periodically up until a month(ish) before each intake. So by the sounds of it you should be fine.
    As usual, if you want a real answer phone Westbury/Sandhurst/sponsor, who can most likely give you the exact dates for 2010.

Best of luck at Main Board.