Gangster-style pistol technique

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Oct 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I got pistol familiarization training in the Corps, our instructor's first words in the safety brief were, "Rule number one: You will not 'gank' my targets!"

2. I went to a firing range in the West Edmonton Mall and fired a weapon like that. I missed badly and the round ricocheted. I had been drinking.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I thought that the 'gansta' stylee derived from an Israeli technique of rapid draw where you MAY be side on to the target and the first round was fired on the slant....

4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Bit of public-service PsyOps from the Marines? Let the gangs think they're doing it properly, and law enforcement continues to have the upper hand in skills.

It might also bring about a handy repeat of that lad in New York the other year whose MAC10 jammed firing sideways because the case couldn't eject. Got one round off at a copper, then got got.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  5. Aren't you supposed to fire 2 pistols like that, while launching yourself through a doorway?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Has any soldier ever fired a short during a contact?

7. Lt Chard used his to good effect i believe

• Like Like x 2
  8. But he did have an ultra-modern revolver at the time. According to the movie, a Webley Mk.VI Service Revolver loaded with .455 Mk.II ammunition.

9. "And a bayonet Sir, with some guts behind it!"

• Like Like x 1
  10. This thread is a weird coincidence. My instructor on a black powder course said something similar (and this was a very old fart) and held the gun sideways to illustrate. Not being a watcher of that sort of thing I didn't have a clue what he was on about.
    That was a couple of years ago. since then I have seen it on tv. Anyway yesterday I was keeping my eye in with my ancient target air pistol and had a go side ways. I was very impressed. Through the sights and significantly just pointing I had better groups than just single hand over 15m.
    Next I'll try wearing my pants at half mast as well to see if that improves my aim further.

• Like Like x 8
  11. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I am pretty sure i have read of an Anglian Sniper doing so when he bumped into a terry during an urban contact. Ruecker i think his name was?

12. Was he the one with the Septic stepdad who had taken him to the range and taught him how properly to use the thing?

13. I 'inherited' and old beaten up air rifle off an old duffer whose land I used to shoot on many, many moons ago. On getting it home I realised the rear sight was missing and adopted a 'shoot from the hip' stance, whereby I could maim a beer can accurately at 50 paces, time and time again.

Needless to say, as the proliferation of targets increased, my aim and dexterity diminished, so to speak.

I think they call this phenomenon 'The Bruce Willis gene'.. you've either got it, or you haven't!

14. Wouldn't that make the Webley a trifle muzzle heavy?

• Like Like x 1