Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by megandavisbutler, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone else had one? I had one on my wrist and had it removed privately so as not to go through my GP. Does anyone know if they can stop you getting in the army. I had it removed about 1 month ago and it hasnt reaccured yet,,,tho may do! Anyone else have a ganglion problem??? lol
  2. Had a few over the years, still got the one in my wrist that appeared when I was 14. Never stopped me.
  3. it just stopped me being to do pressups for a its ok!
  4. Like I said , still got mine.Only ones I ever had dealt with was the recurring one in finger joints and a syringe needle soon sorted that.
  5. A simple yet effective remedy for ganglion was to hit it very hard with the family Bible.

If you haven't got a family Bible, any really hefty book should do.

Let us know how you get on.
  6. I was told that years ago MM, never worked just ended up with a bloody sore wrist! The idea was to burst the sac around it and therefore give more space to the nerve sheath.Like I said, the syringe needle was a lot simpler.
  7. yeh I had the syringe treatment and some steroid pumped in as well, it made me go purple under the skin lol
  8. Why would you want to hide a ganglion from your GP?

Don't worry, the army won't care as long as you have full use of the wrist.

9. Had one on my right wrist about 25 years ago. The very nice people at the Duchess of Kent's military hospital in Catterick removed it for me. I thought it would be an in, scrape, and out job but I ended up ther for three days. Couldn't complain, marvelous people. Get it seen to, it will only continue to cause trouble. Not so bad if it's "watch hand" but if it's the other!!!

10. Have also had one on my wrist for many years and it affects me, though not considerably, from time to time. Never had it removed. The MO told me about the old method of thumping it with a Bible, but they don't do that anymore apparently.

It's just something I have learned to live with, like I say it has never had a really detrimental effect on me, just like a badly sprained wrist from time to time. Maybe mine is not as severe as some people get? I don't know..