Gangbangers in the US military

Bad_Crow said:
SparkySteve said:
Fallschirmmongsturm said:
As for the ramping up of armour and weaponry, it's already happened in LA. A couple of blokes thought they'd pull a bank job a la "Heat", with armour and AK47s. The LAPD kept shooting them, nothing ! The SWAT team then showed up, and again, nothing ! I beleive they were taken down eventually after they ran out of ammo by snipers, but I standby to be corrected.

If i remember the cheap american "this is a shootout" program correctly, one geezer shot himself in the face whilst checking chamber, and the other took rounds from half a dozen pissed off state policemen.

Please delete as applicable.
Your nearly right. After a long shoot out with the first bobbies on the scene Two Vietnam Vets had the good sense to stop wasting 9mm ammo and head off down to the local gun store. Bombed up with an M14 and an M16. Upon returning to the scene they shot and killed the one remaining crim and went and put one in the bloke who ND'd in his own boat race.

Will try and find a link but in the mean time watch the beginning of that shoit film swat with for some short clips of the actual footage!
It was the North Hollywood shootout, in 1994 (I think that was the year.)

Vids : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=north+hollywood+shootout&search=Search

And if you've ever been to North Hollywood, you'd know that the area could have been improved immeasurably if they made a call to their local MLRS battery.

Sadly, traditional 'West Coast' gangs (Bloods and Crips for example) migrated to my corner of New England via Naval personnel and their dependents. From the bases they (particularly the Bloods) spread rapidly to other urban areas and quickly subsumed local gangs where they now provide job security for my contemporaries in the criminal justice system.

mind you got told at MPA in the falklands that the resident infantry company
lines were a no go area and NCO's feared to read there :evil:
did pass that urban myth onto my sgt was'nt impressed

The north hollywood shootout. On the footage I saw a while ago, it may have been a differnt time, but one of the guys was taken down when a copper was hiding behind a hedge (cover from view is not cover from fire), as the crim got close to him he popped up and shot him twice in the neck from about 10 feet.

I remember it, well because you would, and thinking "bloody good skills that man".

expat_71

War Hero
Was it not Falkland conflict Vets that did the sercurity for the early ACID HOUSE raves.
Until the local gangsters saw the money to be made and the fact that there was a bunch of faakin country bunkins runnin around the manour , tooled up.

Edited for link.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_'88

Hicks

Old-Salt
the way i saw it on a another doc it was said that the guy who ND'd commited suicide they later found he'd even been shot in the spine....they were both off their faces tho.

Latest Threads