Gangbangers in the US military

#3
The very first video of the Marine shooting and killing the police officers. They had the photos of the killed police officers switched.

Sgt Stevenson, which was killed second, was a friend of mine.
 
#5
Phil306 said:
The very first video of the Marine shooting and killing the police officers. They had the photos of the killed police officers switched.

Sgt Stevenson, which was killed second, was a friend of mine.
Sorry to hear that.

RIP
 
#6
Chaps, sorry to say, this is nothing new; Aryan Nation graffiti started to appear on Bahgdad walls over a year ago... :cry:
 
#7
Sorry to hear that, Phil. Scary stuff.

Speaking as a copper,Phil, can you tell us if people are really that concerned about it being a widespread problem or is Fox 11's penchant for sensationalizing (my local Fox affiliate) everything getting in the way? In know there's a big new anti-gang push going on in LA right now. The Director of the FBI was in town last week for some dog and pony show about it.
 
#8
It's not really that surprising to be honest. The USN has had chronic problems with Ghetto's onboard CVN's for years and I have witnessed first hand different gangs from the same unit kicking off bigtime.
 
#9
Well, when you drop the standard, this is what you get; if I was Colin Powell or General Schwarzkopf having been a part of the transformation of the Army post Vietnam, I'd be screaming.
 
#10
RIP the fallen.

Does anyone remember the film/thingy from Linda LaPlant called Civvies. Didn't they pull bank job?

Military training is a double edged sword in this respect and as the report demonstrates, they've got a training ground. The Police are going to have to adapt to combat this escalation but will that mean the Police in the US carrying assualt rifles and wearing body armour?

Surprised that AQ haven't cotton'd to this yet.
 
#11
the_matelot said:
It's not really that surprising to be honest. The USN has had chronic problems with Ghetto's onboard CVN's for years and I have witnessed first hand different gangs from the same unit kicking off bigtime.
I had heard that before, is it true that onboard certain ships(US Navy), an officer often needs an armed escort in certain 'areas' ?
 
#12
Bravo2nothing said:
The Police are going to have to adapt to combat this escalation but will that mean the Police in the US carrying assualt rifles and wearing body armour?
B2N - I loved "Civvies", thought it was brilliant :thumright:

As for the ramping up of armour and weaponry, it's already happened in LA. A couple of blokes thought they'd pull a bank job a la "Heat", with armour and AK47s. The LAPD kept shooting them, nothing ! The SWAT team then showed up, and again, nothing ! I beleive they were taken down eventually after they ran out of ammo by snipers, but I standby to be corrected.
 
#13
What a bunch of BS.

Take a few individuals out of hundreds of thousands of servicemen and manufacture a 'gang' crisis. I've seen, in almost twenty years--one--just one soldier who exihibited gang tendencies and he was chaptered out of the Army.

Fox news, home of idiots.
 
#14
Bravo2nothing said:
RIP the fallen.

Does anyone remember the film/thingy from Linda LaPlant called Civvies. Didn't they pull bank job?

Military training is a double edged sword in this respect and as the report demonstrates, they've got a training ground. The Police are going to have to adapt to combat this escalation but will that mean the Police in the US carrying assualt rifles and wearing body armour?

Surprised that AQ haven't cotton'd to this yet.
Al quida have, can you not remember the US soldier who lobbed grenades into his oppos tents.

But I fear we are in more danger than the US when it comes to this issue, at least 5 Al quida have joined the TA.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1313759,00.html
 
#15
Reminds me of Camp Doha (?) in Kuwait.

The motor pool was supposedly 'controlled' by some sort of gang and the R+R briefing included an "areas where not to go" element.

The Spam NCO's were jumpy as hell, fearing so-called gang members who basically controlled parts of the camp.

It may be hyped and exaggerated, but not too much imho


(incidentally, wasn't it the Black Panthers in the 1970's?)
 
#16
Fallschirmmongsturm said:
Bravo2nothing said:
The Police are going to have to adapt to combat this escalation but will that mean the Police in the US carrying assualt rifles and wearing body armour?
B2N - I loved "Civvies", thought it was brilliant :thumright:
Been trying for years to get a copy of that...
 
#17
moving-target-survivor said:
Reminds me of Camp Doha (?) in Kuwait.

The motor pool was supposedly 'controlled' by some sort of gang and the R+R briefing included an "areas where not to go" element.

The Spam NCO's were jumpy as hell, fearing so-called gang members who basically controlled parts of the camp.

It may be hyped and exaggerated, but not too much imho

(incidentally, wasn't it the Black Panthers in the 1970's?)
Gangs at Doha? Utter bullsh*t. Motor Pools are always run by 'some sort of gang'. They're called mechanics, and they are seldom--ever--friendly in the US Army.

I knew Camp Doha well, spent weeks there; it was the location of our log and HQ elements. Gangs my a**.
 
#18
Anyone noticed LineDoggie commented on that video?
 
#19
Random_Task said:
I had heard that before, is it true that onboard certain ships(US Navy), an officer often needs an armed escort in certain 'areas' ?
I've spent an awful lot of time working with the spams in N2 and J2 environments and most of them have 'heard' of it but have never witnessed it. It may be an urban legend HOWEVER it wouldn't surprise me considering I've seen hispanics, blacks and whites stay in their own segregated groups voluntarily.

I was having a pint with an oppo of mine before in a bar abroad (who happened to be a black USN Chief but not that it matters) when two rednecks walked in and up to him and called him a n word and told him to foxtrot oscar for no apparant reason. They were off the same ship...... :pissedoff: The last I heard of that incident was that the next time their ship sailed, the two guys had a serious 'accident' onboard and had to be casevac'd off the ship via the desert duck helo....

I'd be surprised if there weren't gangbangers serving...
 
#20
Fallschirmmongsturm said:
As for the ramping up of armour and weaponry, it's already happened in LA. A couple of blokes thought they'd pull a bank job a la "Heat", with armour and AK47s. The LAPD kept shooting them, nothing ! The SWAT team then showed up, and again, nothing ! I beleive they were taken down eventually after they ran out of ammo by snipers, but I standby to be corrected.


If i remember the cheap american "this is a shootout" program correctly, one geezer shot himself in the face whilst checking chamber, and the other took rounds from half a dozen pissed off state policemen.

Please delete as applicable.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top