Gaming headsets

Anybody have any pointers for the above, not wanting to spend loads but not wanting to end up with junk.
Thanks

4(T)

LE
Anybody have any pointers for the above, not wanting to spend loads but not wanting to end up with junk.
Thanks

I would absolutely recommend bimbling along to a big PC World/Currys and trying on a few of the headsets.

Sound and voice quality is one thing - but IMHO comfort is by far more important. Most headsets have no adjustment for the headband spring tension, and what seems to be a nice fit at first can develop into painful ear-crushing after and hour or so of gaming.

I bought an expensive set of Tritton 720s, but then found them painfully squeezing my head after about 20-30 minutes. I now use some Steelseries headphones, and they are very, very comfortable.

JNM

War Hero
What’s important for you? What console are you using or are you on PC and what are you looking to spend?

JNM

War Hero
I have turlte beach stealth 700. Totally wireless. Works with xbox and phone.
They are like £100 though. For that price you could get a decent pair of normal headphones and a ModMic and it'd work with everything and you wouldn't look like a prick if you want to wear them outside.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a few, but this is the one I use the most -
the 'surround' on these things (I've had a few, including a couple of supposed 'true surround' headsets with multiple drivers within each earcup) never seem particularly good (it just seems to make the sound a bit echoey) but as an all rounder it's excellent - and for music listening it keeps up with a pair of Sennheisers three times the price imho. I've got a big melon and the headband and cushions are really comfortable, even for hours. and the build quality and presentation is superb.

I agree with 4T regarding comfort.
I sent back 4 different sets to Amazon last year as they were too heavy or felt like clamps on my head.
If you are wearing these things for 3-5 hours, it is probably the most important aspect.

JNM

War Hero
I agree with 4T regarding comfort.
I sent back 4 different sets to Amazon last year as they were too heavy or felt like clamps on my head.
If you are wearing these things for 3-5 hours, it is probably the most important aspect.
I liked Steelseries for comfort as far as gaming headsets go but I prefer my normal sennheisers and a separate mic now

JNM

War Hero
TBH its for the son, i'm a total luddite with this stuff last computer game i played was lemmings
Lol but still what is he playing on? No point recommending a headset that’s designed for PS4 and he had an Xbox

Latest Threads