Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gaming/Desk Chair Recommendations

So I'm in the market for a nice(ish) Office chair for my little office at home. I game on the Desktop PC there and generally do some admin and other "work" stuff. Does anyone have any recommendations on where or what type of chairs to get? Not looking to spend more than 150 quid all in.

Cheers in advance!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
just get a good offce chair. 'gaming' kit is like asking for anything for a wedding - it adds 50% on the price minimum for no real difference, except maybe dayglo stripes on the chair.

Bad CO

Admin
I've bought two second hand RH logic chairs for home office use and they're awesome. Brilliant build quality and very comfortable. They cost over a grand new but can be had for a lot less than that through gumtree, ebay, etc.

just get a good offce chair. 'gaming' kit is like asking for anything for a wedding - it adds 50% on the price minimum for no real difference, except maybe dayglo stripes on the chair.
I'm definitely not fussed about it looking fancy and cool! A good office chair is perect.

I got a big fat leather office chair off Facebook marketplace for a tenner.

Don't be tempted by car seats made into "office chairs": they take up far more room than you might think, and are bastard heavy.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Amazon Chairs

I've had several office/gaming chairs over the years, and you really do get what you pay for. Before long the seat cushion usually goes flat and it's like sitting on concrete, even on the "not-cheap" chairs claiming to be for 8+hr use. Most give me back ache before long. I can honestly say the chair I now have from Secretlabs is as good as they day I bought over a year ago, and I'm in it for work and gaming, anything up to 12 hours a day. (Yes, I need to get out more...)
They are expensive, but worth every penny if you have back problems or need to use for a long period of time. The other bonus is that as I am short, most chairs are designed with the average male height in mind, and aren't always a good fit. Secretlabs have a scaled down version for small peoples like myself. Not had backache since using this.

Amazon Chairs

I've had several office/gaming chairs over the years, and you really do get what you pay for. Before long the seat cushion usually goes flat and it's like sitting on concrete, even on the "not-cheap" chairs claiming to be for 8+hr use. Most give me back ache before long. I can honestly say the chair I now have from Secretlabs is as good as they day I bought over a year ago, and I'm in it for work and gaming, anything up to 12 hours a day. (Yes, I need to get out more...)
They are expensive, but worth every penny if you have back problems or need to use for a long period of time. The other bonus is that as I am short, most chairs are designed with the average male height in mind, and aren't always a good fit. Secretlabs have a scaled down version for small peoples like myself. Not had backache since using this.

That is exactly who my civvie mate recommended. Wish i was that rich!

Latest Threads