Games for local network

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by EX_REME, Jun 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in the process of deploying a LAN to "somewhere", and would like the lads to be able to play a little network game to while away the time. We put one somewhere else quite a few years ago and put doom on it. This would be shite now I would have thought.

So, anyone know of any "free" games I could use?

They are quite new laptops etc. so the graphics are ok but not up to 2142 standard.

2. you could download a free 'quake 3 arena Demo', multiplayer works over LAN but only a few maps are available.

3. Cheers mate, never thought of that, I have it already somewhere on my home comp.

4. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

You can pick up a copy of unreal tourenament for a couple of quid plenty blasting and insluts to keep them happy and one of the best games ever ....or day of defeat isnt that free?

5. Day of defeat & counter strike will set you back about a £10er from steam , since you pay in USD great game on LAN , especially CSS

6. i know C & C red alert used to give me a lot of laughs on LAN ages ago and again you can pick that game up for cheap

7. Will C&C let you play on a lan if you use the same disk to install to all machines? IE only one game, will you need the disk in all machines?

8. try wolfenstein-enemy territory a free download and plenty of resource sites as well

9. just make copies of the disk from what i can remember red alert didnt have a CD key