Game Theory

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by Dashing_Chap, May 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Coming up on In our Time for Thursday, 10th May 2012:

BBC - BBC Radio 4 Programmes - In Our Time, Game Theory

I can tell someone's going to reply to this thread because it's mathematically proven by game theory. Someone's probably going to mention religion and then it'll all go downhill from there. It's all part of knowing what your opponent is going to do and then making your judgement based on their future behaviour... I think.

Game theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But what I really want to know is... Does it work on women?

~D.C.

2. Melvyn Bragg and his guests discuss game theory, the mathematical study of animal and human behaviour. First studied in the 1940s, game theory allows researchers to unravel decision-making strategies, and why certain types of behaviour emerge. Today it's seen as a vital tool in such diverse fields as evolutionary biology, economics, computing and philosophy.
    Producer: Thomas Morris.

Is this the stuff thats related to why people turn right when going into a shop and such like so the designers arrange the items in a certain way?

3. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

All very points m'learned friends, but just to add another variable to the equation... I find that religion in this argument is more easily defined by inserting Adolf Hitler or Johnny Depp as a floating integer.

There is actually a formula that defines how soon old Madalf Heatlump will be mentioned in a thread... or ruined by the likes of Jarrod, myself, Lucrezia et al popping up.

Actually, I shall listen to it if it's not too early and not after Cocoa time.

4. Much prefer The Art of War. Know your enemy and yourself. "Sun Tzu: The Art of War for Managers; 50 Strategic Rules. And the reference to shopping: apparently Supermarket psychology and shop layout theories are no duff.

5. Get in your car and cruise slowly down certain streets in a certain part of a certain town and you'll find women who definitely into or on the game. :twisted:

game-prostitute.jpg

If you don't like those 3, then your's is the one on the right in the second set ...
    872455-fable2hookersgalore_super.jpg

... if your luck's in and she's too blind drunk to see you properly :grin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hope to catch up with this soon...

7. Just listened to the broadcast and can't say I'm really bothered... The only strategy that we need to know about is human nature. Greed and selfishness v mutual benefits always depend on the time involved... short term v long term. In most cases honesty is the best policy but not everyone understands this so kill or be killed makes perfect sense. There is an abundance of victims...