Game reviews

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Good CO, Aug 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Auld_Yin and PR_Totty's book club and book reviews are going from strength to strength. We wondered if anyone here would be interested in taking on a game review equivalent. This would suit someone with plenty of time on their hands who would be willing to act as a contact and distribution point for to-be-reviewed games. Clearly it would be essential to be an enthusiast, ideally for both first person shooters and strategy games.

I don't think military games come out as often as books so it will probably be smaller than the book reviews section.

Answers on a postcard to admin@olivenet.co.uk please and any thoughts in this thread appreciated.

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Given the nature of ARRSE, is it safe to assume that you're looking for someone to do these reviews with a military slant? I'd love to apply, but as a civvy it probably defeats the object!

3. As long as they are reviewed like this Shadow of the Colossus review...

Reason I picked that one is that generally gamers are essentially interested in their bit; and view the other bits are strange. That does kinda highlight that. As such you'd probably need to consider sub-sections to it:

First up you've got console games
    PS3 X-box and Wii

Then you've got computer gamers
    Starcraft II, Dragon Age, Crysis 2

Within that is a core of another type of PC gamers - MMOG'er
    WoW, Eve, WAR, EQ etc

Then you've got browser games
    Travian, farmville

You need to handle each of these as differently as fiction and non-fiction and have them pretty clearly defined.