GAME OF THRONES a MUST SEE series.

I do agree with some commentators that there has been a rush of story arcs and some ungratifying tying up of critical loose ends has been missed; the most important - The killing of Ed Sheeran.

We know from background plot sex chat in S8E01 that the ginge got singed during the attack on the Lannister's wagon train.

During the season eight premiere, sellsword Bronn is enjoying some time off with a trio of talkative prostitutes when Sheeran’s character pops up. “That boy Eddie,” one of the women begins to say as they discuss the battle casually.
“The ginger?” a second of the women asks, clarifying the character in question.
“That’s him. Came back with his face burned right off. He’s got no eyelids now,” she continues.
“How do you sleep with no eyelids?” the third wonders. They then turn to the matter at hand: Bronn.
Since this is pre Bronn getting his crossbow and marching orders from Cersei for some dwarf sticking up north, that last puts "Eddie" in Kings Landing.

I didn't spot a winged, singed, ginge getting crisped or crushed in The Bells on first watching, however if he did, then it makes Dany's Mad Queen less of a flip out and more cunning tactics.

To make a Ben Tre analogy " She had to destroy King's landing, to save it from Ed Sheeran"

Last edited:
I have two questions where did all the Dothraki reappear from and why hasn't anybody mentioned the Frey's absence?

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'll leave this here....

Peter Dinklage from 2:30 sounds like he's got a gun pointed at his head as he damns the show with faint praise

what was the point in the Golden Company?

Arrived. Formed up. Instantly dead.
And what would you suggest against a 100ft long flying Cúnt that breathes fire which can cut through castle walls like Oxy/Acetalene

The dragons aren't looking at this the right way. They should burn the humans, lay lots of eggs, and populate the planet. Now that would be a surprise ending.
Dragon singular, unique

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I'm in that "might as well" predicament now where you have to keep on watching because you've seen all the others so far...

Same happened with Fortitude.

Season 1 started promising, but started getting a bit weird towards the end.

Season 2 was like, "WTF?"

Season 3 came on... Watched 20 minutes of the first episode, stopped it, deleted it, removed the Series Link, flicked over to YouTube to binge-watch UK dash cam footage vids instead.

On the plus side, now that I know the conclusion will be sh*t, I can watch it without fear of disappointment and treat myself afterwards to reading the pure outrage comments about how sh*t it was on Digital Spy.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm in that "might as well" predicament now where you have to keep on watching because you've seen all the others so far...

Same happened with Fortitude.

Season 1 started promising, but started getting a bit weird towards the end.

Season 2 was like, "WTF?"

Season 3 came on... Watched 20 minutes of the first episode, stopped it, deleted it, removed the Series Link, flicked over to YouTube to binge-watch UK dash cam footage vids instead.

On the plus side, now that I know the conclusion will be sh*t, I can watch it without fear of disappointment and treat myself afterwards to reading the pure outrage comments about how sh*t it was on Digital Spy.
You can say that about mam shows that started out great.

Dexter. Dreadful season 8

Lost. Bollocks after season 1

Has there ever been a great ending to a much loved show?

Scrubs, last season was bollox.
Friends, last season was dreadful, all except for the last 10 seconds.
HIMYM, ropey and half arsed.

I can only think of one series that had a great ending and last season and that was Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Reading the above list of shows that I have really enjoyed.....I now realise that I must be a 'Friend of Dorothy', every day a school day. :)

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
You can say that about mam shows that started out great.

Dexter. Dreadful season 8

Lost. Bollocks after season 1
And Line of Duty.

4 great seasons, Hastings straight as an arrow throughout... Suddenly disposing his laptop and stashing £50k of knowingly bent cash? Bullshit writing for drama effect where none was needed as it was good enough already.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TurtleHead The Book Club 23
D The NAAFI Bar 24
Praetorian The NAAFI Bar 32