GAME OF THRONES a MUST SEE series.

Pretty much everybody I know is raving about it - with yesterday/ today being the finale. Is it really that good? I haven't seen a single episode or even a trailer as I thought it would be all Harry Potterish or whatever and me not being a fan of sci-fi or stuff set in the past.

Should I give it a go, just to see what the f people are talking about?
GoT is marmite TV,I watched season one and wasn't that impressed so didn't bother with season two or three but after I saw a youtube clip of Daenery's setting a bloke on fire with a dragon I went back and ended up hooked. After watching episode two of the final series I can't see most of the main characters making it past episode three and that crypt is probably the least safe place in the castle.

After watching episode two of the final series I can't see most of the main characters making it past episode three and that crypt is probably the least safe place in the castle.
I liked the fact they were all sat around being mates before the battle, Aura lost her cherry and it's the final night of peace.
Sets it up well for the next episode when loads of favourite/well known characters are dead.

I liked the fact they were all sat around being mates before the battle, Aura lost her cherry and it's the final night of peace.
Sets it up well for the next episode when loads of favourite/well known characters are dead.
Found the Arya bit slightly weird. Still think of her as a kid. The actress is in fact now 22 though.

Found the Arya bit slightly weird. Still think of her as a kid. The actress is in fact now 22 though.
I was hoping Jamie would give Brienne a good poking, if only to see the state of him the next morning.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
I was hoping Jamie would give Brienne a good poking, if only to see the state of him the next morning.
I'm hoping Tormond would give Brienne a good poking, if only to see the state of her next morning.

Last edited:
I can put my hand on my heart and say that I have never watched a single episode. I think that this may have been because I always suspected that it would be a sort of 'Dungeons & Dragons' meets 'The Hobbit'. I just know that it will involve people with improbable names ending in '...oth' and a lot noisy sword play (including that strange 'sheeeng' noise that always features prominently in such things) and a quest for some magical or holy relic or another. Just the sort of thing, in fact, that has me scrabbling around desperately trying to find the remote.

Have I missed a treat?
Google up “battle of the bastards” series six episode 9

If that doesn’t float your boat you aren’t a real man...... it puts saving private Ryan invasion scene on the back foot (needs to be watched on a big TV and surround sound jacked right up)

After you’ve watched that with what ever erection you can muster be aware that the coming two episodes are directed by the same big set piece director

Problem is there are some many back stories, character trajectories and relationships that you need to be invested in their narrative from the start

The last two slowish episodes would mean fuxk all to anyone just starting to watch. But are imbued with huge meaning and emotional pay off

The actress who started filming as an 11 year old got her kit off and fucked in the last episode which is causing huge cognitive dissonance to a lot of people, despite the fact that it was the least rapey, least incestuous shagging in the whole show

It’s an epic, no doubt.

I’d start from the beginning if I had the chance and about 80 hours spare viewing time

Pretty much everybody I know is raving about it - with yesterday/ today being the finale. Is it really that good? I haven't seen a single episode or even a trailer as I thought it would be all Harry Potterish or whatever and me not being a fan of sci-fi or stuff set in the past.

Should I give it a go, just to see what the f people are talking about?
You should yes. It is naff all like HP. Lots of nudity and gore.

I can put my hand on my heart and say that I have never watched a single episode. I think that this may have been because I always suspected that it would be a sort of 'Dungeons & Dragons' meets 'The Hobbit'. I just know that it will involve people with improbable names ending in '...oth' and a lot noisy sword play (including that strange 'sheeeng' noise that always features prominently in such things) and a quest for some magical or holy relic or another. Just the sort of thing, in fact, that has me scrabbling around desperately trying to find the remote.

Have I missed a treat?
Ive always viewed it as more of a Political thriller, just with Dragons and white walkers

Watching Graham Norton the other night and Kit Harington was on there. It seem that one episode is purely the battle, that is not only the largest battle scene to ever have been recorded, but also took 55 consecutive nights to film.

It should be epic.
So looking forward to this, if Hardhome,/ Battle of the Bastards is anything to go by

GoT is marmite TV,I watched season one and wasn't that impressed so didn't bother with season two or three but after I saw a youtube clip of Daenery's setting a bloke on fire with a dragon I went back and ended up hooked. After watching episode two of the final series I can't see most of the main characters making it past episode three and that crypt is probably the least safe place in the castle.
Dracarys .. possibly my favorite scene in the earlier episodes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TurtleHead The Book Club 23
D The NAAFI Bar 24
Praetorian The NAAFI Bar 32