GAME OF THRONES a MUST SEE series.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Chunkie, Jan 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got given the first season DVD collection for Xmas. If you liked Lord of the rings you will **** yourself stupid watching Game of Thrones, it's a great mans TV Series/Film. You may not like Sean Bean but dont let that put you off theres something for everyone in this series made by HBO.
    It starts off with someone getting stalked and killed in a wood then it goes to a dwarf being gobbled and then back scuttleing a decent looking bint, followed in the first few DVD's by more back scuttleing and gobbling between fighting, killing and ploting. Just spent a whole day just watching the DVD series just couldnt turn it off realy gripping stuff! Cant wait for the second season series out in March.:number1:

2. Think the second series is already out?

3. March 4th 2013 is the release date.

4. It needs Lena Headey to get her kit off before it can truly be called great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is the release for series 3. If you were so inclined you could easily find season 2 online...

6. Now THATS a quote they will want to put on their advertising!!!

Season 3 due on on Sky Easter time... most of it filmed in sunny Northern Ireland and have seen some of the filming going on around Clandeboye Estate in Bangor. Pretty awesome to see a village built in two days and snow covered forest in the middle of July!

7. Yeah I was sure it was on to it's third season

8. Haven't seen it yet, heard the blonde bird gets bummed by the viking chap though so might be worth watching for that.

HBO and PBS do quite good stuff, I finished watching Rome the other day and that was good.

9. Series 2 on movietube. Previews of season 3 are on youtube.

10. fu2

fu2 LE

I am currently fighting my way through the books. season one is exactly like the book. season two dissapointed me because they strayed away from the book but all in all a very good series and the books are excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Have to agree that season one stayed very very close to the books - havent watched series two yet ;(

Edited for fat finger spelling

12. Apparently the producers made a few tweaks to series two and some of the stuff they left out will be included in season 3.

13. Agreed - read all the books and was v impressed with season 1. Felt a little let down by season 2 but looking forward to watching s3 out here in Canada land.

14. Thoroughly thoroughly recommend buying both series on DVD

Both the TV and the Books follow slightly different story lines but are 100% compatible

Thinks: Sopranos, with Medieval Anarchy, the Living Dead and Dragons

:)