Game Fair 2017

On my second day here, a good show ,just about to have tea and scones in the enclosure, a bit of gin tasting later on.

ugly

LE
It was a busy show, glad the crowds tolerated the security Nazis stopping them using the car parks on sunday, we wouldn't have had enjoyed it without the punters. Only pissed off at one chancer, most others were in good fettle considering how shit the weather was!

ugly

LE
Considering it was the first time it had been there and its the closest its ever been to London I was impressed. Lots of folk took a lot more than we did but then their profit margins were a lot lower. Despite having no choice I would still take that as a venue again. I sold five dummy launchers which cheered me up when the chancer tried to get me to lower my prices on a kit. FFS he's getting a bargain and telling me the competition are a quid or two cheaper isn't going to help. I resisted my usual line of "It would be cheaper for me to give you a fiver and tell you to piss off than lower it any more!"
I'm impressed with my self restraint!

The Dubarry girls in thier tweed mini skirts did it for me.

Mmmm.....

dubarry.jpg

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hatfield House?

Wave to the film crews....being used as a location quite a lot recently.

Ugly, did you stop locally or take your rv?

Hatfield town itself is, frankly, a shithole....I should know I lived there for 35 years, family still do.

Shame really,but it really isn't the place I grew up in.

Hatfield House?

Wave to the film crews....being used as a location quite a lot recently.

Ugly, did you stop locally or take your rv?

Hatfield town itself is, frankly, a shithole....I should know I lived there for 35 years, family still do.

Shame really,but it really isn't the place I grew up in.
I used the Premier Inn at Kings Langley , 15 min drive.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I used the Premier Inn at Kings Langley , 15 min drive.
Almost civilised, used to fish not far from there with my elder bro.

Hatfield House is fab, and as a lad we had free entry to the grounds,used to wander about.

Until about 2000, a WW1 ( male) tank stood in Hatfield Park not far from the gate opposite the station. We used to climb over it and stare out of the gun cupolas,holding our noses from the smell of cat piss and rotting litter.

Hatfield in World War One

In 1916,the grounds were used to trial the first tanks. I believe that remaining model is now in Bovington.

Hatfield House, Hertfordshire: Tank Trials for Royalty, World War One At Home - BBC

Without offending @Ravers and his fellow members of the CLA, people seldom appreciate just how much land is still in the hands of tenth gen aristos like Lord Salisbury.

The Estate goes from Cole Green near Hertford to damn near Potters Bar....sizeable chunk of Hertfordshire.

But then his great great grandfather was PM....

Last edited:
I wonder what the job selection criteria are..

Young,pretty,well connected,unemployed,pretty,foul mouthed when drunk,willing to use boot as champagne cooler, inability to sell anything because you're only doing it because of the free tickets and the possibility of catching some young thruster of a merchant banker with more money than sense with a Daddy who owns several thousands acres of Yorkshire,ability to stand in water filled washing up bowl for hours at a time........did I mention being pretty?

Latest Threads