• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Galloway in Further Oil for Food Scandal

GG has just been given a severe punishment by parliamentary standards for connivence in taking Saddams Oil for Food cash for His charity.

Looking worried, Galloway gave a press conference in which He reiterated that He received no personal recompense from Iraq.

The net is closing in, George!!

Link to BBC article

I don't see how it is Sven.

Unless it's just going to be a total disregard for previous findings and persecute anyway?

Oh wait, that's been tried. Wonder what else is going on in the news?

Persecuting Galloway for these allegations whilst turning a Nelsonian one to the breathtaking liberties taken with OUR money by the current Baghdad smart set is f*****g hypocritical to say the least.

Sven,
Your idea of a harsh penalty is being given 18 days off work and (most crucially for Galloway) another news cycle's worth of free publicity?

Bugger off.

And just how much sleaze has Mawer busted, in comparison to his predecessor?

The attendance records show that George only appears in Parliament two or three days per month. Being absent for 18 days at a time is normal 'working' practice for him.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Galloway is a nasty peice of traitorous sh*te.

His parlimentary attendance record is amongst(if not acually the)the worst,and that is saying something given the voluntary nature of attendance of our useless parlimentary members.

Galloway should be on trial for aiding the enemy,tax evasion,to name but a few charges.

I seriously doubt Galloway will ever pay the piper... he's managed to skate around his detractors since day one. Even with proof positive of his involvement in the oil for food scandal in the form of captured Iraqi documents he slipped away. My guess is he has dirt on those who decisions are crucial to his future so they tow the line to keep him quiet and their position secure.

Le_addeur_noir said:
Galloway is a nasty peice of traitorous sh*te.

His parlimentary attendance record is amongst(if not acually the)the worst,and that is saying something given the voluntary nature of attendance of our useless parlimentary members.

Galloway should be on trial for aiding the enemy,tax evasion,to name but a few charges.
I think treason should cover most of it. The treacherous bar steward. I hate the fact my taxes go towards the pay and expenses of this useless idiot.

RABC said:
Wow - they are really being tough (yawn)
Wonder if I could maybe do some 'innapropriate' stuff and get 18 days off?

As a politician GG strikes me as being no better nor worse than most of the present shower on either side of the pond.
As for his ability to organise OIF dealings through his close friend gives him 'plausible deniability' (a common enough phenomenon in the U.S. as I recall) which he used to the full in his Senate hearing.
The error was in his friend dropping GG's name in Baghdad and I would suggest that in his mind this censure is a small enough price to pay for that.

The only thing that this commitee is getting hot and bothered about is that George can stand up to them and put THEM in their place.How many MP's and Lords are doing the exact same thing behind our backs eh?

I think he should be made PM, or at least put in charge of cleaning up the mess in the middle east. I would certainly welcome him in the US government, perhaps replacing our own George. He has been an outspoken critic of the constant bungling both countries have done in the middle east the past few years. He shows an expert understanding of the place and he is not afraid to speak his mind.

As for the evidence he was involved with the food for oil scandal, I have not seen it. If he was involved, it was likely something very minor which he did not profit from. Then hands in that scandal come from all over the world, deep into friends of the Bush administration and although I dont know, perhaps Blair's as well. It's funny how only the critics of the war get accused of being involved with no evidence while those with oilier hands receive not a dirty look.

The final official version of the report cites only France, Russia and Canada (countries who were also strongly anti-war) as violators who paid kickbacks while at the same time, by order of attorneys at CIA, specifically censoring out companies from the US originally included by Duelfer. [12] However, the full version of the report, before the U.S. names were removed, was sent to congressional committees and some of it made publicly available. The U.S. companies implicated include Exxon Mobil Corp., ChevronTexaco Corp. and El Paso Corp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil-for-Food_Programme

Also, the food for oil scandal pails in comparison to the graft and corruption currently going on right now in Iraq. From oil smuggling to over charging, shoddy construction, no construction at all, losing funds, slave labor, no accountability and the like, the US and others are losing billions and yet those still upset about food for oil turn a blind eye.

It's patently clear how corrupt and corruptible our representatives in parliament are. George has become everyone's favourite target to attack - he's been deliberately turned into a whipping boy in order to throw up a smokescreen. WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT GALLOWAY DID WRONG?

Don't forget how self-serving these bast4rds are each time their self imposed pay rise or pensions review comes around. They are bent to a man and woman. Every single one of the lying, snivelling, two-faced swine.

If the searchlight was levelled on the behind the scenes activities of the other 600 and odd members, Galloway's activities would pale by comparison.

frenchperson said:
It's patently clear how corrupt and corruptible our representatives in parliament are. George has become everyone's favourite target to attack - in order to throw up a smokescreen. WHERE IS THE PROOF THAT GALLOWAY DID WRONG?

Don't forget how self-serving these bast4rds are each time their self imposed pay rise or pensions review comes around. They are bent to a man and woman. Every single one of the lying, snivelling, two-faced swine.

If the searchlight was levelled on the behind the scenes activities of the other 600 and odd members, Galloway's activities would pale by comparison.
You have proof of the wrongdoing of 600 members of parliament on the scale of Galloway?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geezer466 The NAAFI Bar 16
samain11 The NAAFI Bar 78
C The NAAFI Bar 368