Galloway in Further Oil for Food Scandal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sven, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GG has just been given a severe punishment by parliamentary standards for connivence in taking Saddams Oil for Food cash for His charity.

Looking worried, Galloway gave a press conference in which He reiterated that He received no personal recompense from Iraq.

The net is closing in, George!!

Link to BBC article

2. I don't see how it is Sven.

Unless it's just going to be a total disregard for previous findings and persecute anyway?

Oh wait, that's been tried. Wonder what else is going on in the news?

Persecuting Galloway for these allegations whilst turning a Nelsonian one to the breathtaking liberties taken with OUR money by the current Baghdad smart set is f*****g hypocritical to say the least.

3. Sven,
    Your idea of a harsh penalty is being given 18 days off work and (most crucially for Galloway) another news cycle's worth of free publicity?

Bugger off.

4. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    How rich is that!!!????
    SP

5. Galloway deserves a medal - well according to him anyway :roll:

The Times

6. And just how much sleaze has Mawer busted, in comparison to his predecessor?

7. The attendance records show that George only appears in Parliament two or three days per month. Being absent for 18 days at a time is normal 'working' practice for him.

8. There a room waiting for him in a prison.

The guy is a nasty piece of sh!t

9. Galloway is a nasty peice of traitorous sh*te.

His parlimentary attendance record is amongst(if not acually the)the worst,and that is saying something given the voluntary nature of attendance of our useless parlimentary members.

Galloway should be on trial for aiding the enemy,tax evasion,to name but a few charges.

10. I seriously doubt Galloway will ever pay the piper... he's managed to skate around his detractors since day one. Even with proof positive of his involvement in the oil for food scandal in the form of captured Iraqi documents he slipped away. My guess is he has dirt on those who decisions are crucial to his future so they tow the line to keep him quiet and their position secure.

11. 18 days suspension? Hardly worth getting worked up about, is it?

12. Wow - they are really being tough (yawn)

13. I think treason should cover most of it. The treacherous bar steward. I hate the fact my taxes go towards the pay and expenses of this useless idiot.

14. Wonder if I could maybe do some 'innapropriate' stuff and get 18 days off?

15. As a politician GG strikes me as being no better nor worse than most of the present shower on either side of the pond.
    As for his ability to organise OIF dealings through his close friend gives him 'plausible deniability' (a common enough phenomenon in the U.S. as I recall) which he used to the full in his Senate hearing.
    The error was in his friend dropping GG's name in Baghdad and I would suggest that in his mind this censure is a small enough price to pay for that.