Gallery Range Day

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by TheLordFlasheart, Jun 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that people elect to post their picture in the gallery, post nothing on the site then whine like feck when the usual 'banter' starts?

Ive noticed its usually the female fraternity who post mug shots. Do they not realise that Rear Party was formed for them and their more delicate nature? I know the CO's revamped the rules and guidlines in the gallery ('dont hurt me' sections etc) but you will not stop squaddies responding to a self induced pig board.

What I dont understand is these people clearly dont bother to read comments on similar pictures to see what they can expect.

I gather the gallery still requires manual admin clearance to upload? If that is the case then maybe a PM back to the user stating 'best you put your piccy up in Rear Party' could be utilised. It will obviously cause more work load on the already busy admin but it may prevent the delicate little things becoming mentally scarred by the nasty men (and women) saying horrible things about their genitalia, foreheads or parents.

The simple thing is the 'dont hurt me', 'not so safe area' etc aint working. Its a free for all in the gallery and I know I 'fire at the target to my front' regardless where the piccy is posted.

Solutions being;

1. Make it a weapons free zone. Lose the 'dont hurt me' bit.
    2. A more robust censorship and a redirect to Rear Party if it is obvious that the picture is of a SCH.
    3. Ban the ability to post comments in the gallery (not desired as it's one of the funniest places around).

2. That doesn't make any sense m'lud.

3. It means keep it as a free for all but remove the daft sub titles of where to post as they serve no purpose or indication of the standard of replies.

(Weapons free means kill everything to your front you slack jawed civpop)

4. I think that GCO has already decided that is the way forward. See his comments at the end of this thread.

5. Indeed I had the insight to understand what you meant Flash. What I mean is, the only 'Dont hurt me' section is for the Arrse social. There is no longer a "Dont hurt me" for "truth behind the username". Making your first proposal defunct. Have you perhaps had a mllaarr moment?

Slack-jawed? Shall I perhaps post the picture again Flash? :)

6. The rules in the gallery have changed, the only safe area is the ARRSE social section now.

These bints who post their mug are free game again :twisted:

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Why does anyone who refuses to put up their own photo have the right to comment on those that do? What gives them any rights to slag off someone without offering the same in return?

Really brave that is - NOT.

If labels have to be attached how about 'Please post here so I can make comments (p.s. I will not put myself in this position)!'

BTW I enjoy the gallery section and there can be good comments and laughs but the most cutting and derogatory comments come from those who will not put up! IMHO.

8. Special Brew on offer down Kwik Save again Auld Alky?

Everyone knows Flash can't put his photo up, as the resulting flow of fanny juice would start a British Tsunami.

The point is, the gallery is and always has been a place to rip the pi.ss out of those who put their photo up. If you don't want to run the risk of getting a complete slating then simply don't post it - those that do, however, should accept that they wont always get the response they were hoping for.

9. Three reasons;

Reason the first: Many do not want to put their pictures up bearing in mind they have a right to persec.

Reason the second: You may have noticed that the photos that get the most 'raw' comments are usually taken in such a way that they
    could be deemed alluring and seductive. They don't appear this way of course but that's how they were intended.

Reason the third: The majority of those photos getting 'raw' comments are from people that have never even posted on Arrse. So it wouldn't really be a straight trade off would it?

Who's trying to be brave? It's called sport. Goku and I even managed a double-team. :D

10. Auld-Yin

For Goodness sake - DON'T put that in the Gallery :wink:

11. My ugly mug in all it’s glory was in the gallery but I had it taken down due to an important upcoming interview after trolls kept dragging it to the front comment page.

It’s a question of PERSEC Auld-Yin :roll:

I’m still in the gallery but this time with plenty of black nasty :D
    It’s the kindest thing for all involved, trust me.

I don’t see a problem with abusing these dappy bints who post their pics, they come looking for comments and that’s exactly what they get.

It’s harmless fun on the internet, if you don’t like it then don’t logon – simple as.

12. Auld-Yin

Then WTF is Flashy complaining about - 'cos that is exactly what is happening. He is whining about people whining - Oh Dearie Me, perhaps it is time for Flashy to look out the slippers and get a nice cup of hot chocolate on the go :cry:

13. Those are for our private collection :wink:

14. Oops. Didn’t realise the COs had gone firm already. Sort of makes my thread defunct doesn’t it?

Yin, as always, it wasn’t a whine from me, more of a bit of constructive criticism. You being a foreigner wouldn’t understand as you have to translate all this in to Jockanese and Old git speak.

End of topic, jog on.