Galaxy tab diffs

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by skid2, Nov 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Done Google, Samsung and not a not a lot of success.

Toshiba laptop has interesting things like music calibre etc, running Windows 7. Kies up to date. Hook up Galaxy Tab 7 (GTP1000) no interest, nothing happens except it says connect device. Connected, Unconnected with usb and reconnected, nothing zip bugger all. Nothing happens on tethering either. Can't transfer anything over which is a massive pain in the rear end.

I suppose I could as a last resort take out the mini sd card and transfer direct, except the tab is firmly encased in an otterbox case and sealed shut with months of muck, snot and grime.

Thank you. Abuse is of course acceptable and expected. As long as it includes some advice.

2. Had a similar problem with the Galaxy s. It was the mini usb lead that was fucked so just got a new one :)

3. no wonder the samaritans had you on recall !!

4. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Ta
    .Same response two cables. Wheels running showing device connecting and the usb tethering ticked

5. Have you enable the sync on the device?

6. I have two or three different Samsung phones and a Tab 7.7.

I found that with all of them, it seems to be a matter of either connecting the "new" device several times, or updating and/or re-installing Kies. Eventually, each device was separately recognised by Kies.

I wish Samsung would sort Kies out - it is exasperating to use. My Tab 7.7 is stuck on Android 3.2 because it won't do a wifi update unless I'm in Dubai (where the device is region-coded to), and because "this devce cannot be updated via Kies", which seems particularly stupid.

p.s. DON'T EVER TRY TO SYNCH MS OUTLOOK CONTACTS VIA KIES!!! It deletes 75% of the contacts in Outlook, and mangles the rest...

7. Same issue with galaxy s2. Kies is utter shite.

When you plug the usb in does your laptop say 'hardware id missing'?

Samsung make excellent phones but unless they sort out the PC suite and updating, theyll go down the pan as people will remember when they come to upgrade time.

8. try plugging it in a different USB port.....usually does the trick.

9. Wait... an Android Device not working - gosh. Wouldn't get that with Apple.....;)

10. I have a Samsung phone and dont use KIES for anything, just connect phone with USB cable and you get option to use as external hard drive or similar. Then simply copy and past whatever you want over.

11. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Thank you all. it was the Kies. It really is a piece of crap as a programme

12. **** all wrong with the DEVICE. Just the piece of shit software for the PC to 'manage' data and media. Now shoo and get back into your queue and play with your tat whilst waiting for the next version

• Like Like x 1