Gaiters for basic

I start basic in a few weeks for infantry and bought a set of gelert gaiters and army issue waterproof socks in addition to my kit list. Will I be allowed to use these??

You will find you will get issued everything you need, well part from mr softy's rather toasty jacket but hey ho mr buffalo is good as well.

Probably not.

Why didn't you wait for your issued gaiters and issued goretex socks?????

i've been told different things by different ppl, and was told that gaiters were'nt issued, i was also told the waterproof socks were issued depending on what atr you go to, so thought id get them 2 be on the safe side..

I was told by a corporal a few days ago that you can only use the kit thats issued to you, unless its something off the kit list. As above i dont think gaiters are issued, but then im not doing infantry training, so wo da ey know eh.

Ondy said:
I was told by a corporal a few days ago that you can only use the kit thats issued to you, unless its something off the kit list. As above i dont think gaiters are issued, but then im not doing infantry training, so wo da ey know eh.
Clearly not English. :roll:

A: Watcha been up to?
B: Eh? ... You mean what stuff?
A: Yeah. Do anything cool?
B: Did some stuff.
A: Buy anything?
B: Nah... just some stuff.

i've got a set, wrapped up with my websters waterproof socks that encourage trench foot!!

if it aint issued boys dont worry bout buying it ever. The only real extra needed is a softie...

Latest Threads