• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Gaiter compatible boots.Any ideas?

:? Need some advice hear folks.I am looking for a set of boots compatible with Yeti gaiters since my old Scarpa SL boots have given up the ghost.Don't tend to do so much tabbing/yomping as I used to ,but I do get wet feet quite often.Don't rate Gore-tex lined footwear at all, as in my experience, the stuff is as good at keeping water in as out. Have been looking at Lowa seeker's and Altberg P1 peacekeepers,any good?. Both fall within my budget, as I have not that many more years to do and don't want to spend a fortune on boots I may well only use 3 or 4 times a year. Any suggestions will be greatfully recieved!!

are you looking for civvy boots or military?

the new SL have a terrible review based on less than effective new styling.

I have a pair of Lowa mountain boots - best boots i have ever used hillwalking (i i thought my old scarpa were, but they are better than that) - they take the yeti well, except there is a slight overlap on the tread at the bottom middle of the boot. this causes rubbing on one side of the gaiter underneath the boot / tread - i bought my yetis online for £20 so i dont mind replacing them every 2 or 3 seasons.

I would do , but issue boots are,quite simply, shite.I only wear them for parades when I have to. I have 17 years worth of lower limb injuries to show for the inadaquacies of pussers boots, and also the issue gaiter doesn't cover the toes, which is what I want as a result of frost-nip many years ago, again because issue boots are tom-tit.
Sorry, but this is not the answer in my case.

G104MEN said:
:? Need some advice hear folks.I am looking for a set of boots compatible with Yeti gaiters since my old Scarpa SL boots have given up the ghost.Don't tend to do so much tabbing/yomping as I used to ,but I do get wet feet quite often.Don't rate Gore-tex lined footwear at all, as in my experience, the stuff is as good at keeping water in as out. Have been looking at Lowa seeker's and Altberg P1 peacekeepers,any good?. Both fall within my budget, as I have not that many more years to do and don't want to spend a fortune on boots I may well only use 3 or 4 times a year. Any suggestions will be greatfully recieved!!
Hi G10
The only boot Ive ever used with yeti's is My pair of Scarpa Attak boots
The groove on the front of the sole is designed to stop the front of the Yeti
from flipping up and over the toecap, and the rubber rand snuggly fits the
groove on the sole.
Many of my colleagues have tried to use Yeti's with other makes of boot,
but always results in the old toecap flipoff Etc.
Whichever way you go matey, most decent boots on the market cost between £100 to 150+..So i'd go for another set of Scarpa's.
Peace of mind, and you know with Scarpa's they are designed for the Yeti.

DWTD

Latest Threads