Gaiter compatible boots.Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by G104MEN, Jun 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? Need some advice hear folks.I am looking for a set of boots compatible with Yeti gaiters since my old Scarpa SL boots have given up the ghost.Don't tend to do so much tabbing/yomping as I used to ,but I do get wet feet quite often.Don't rate Gore-tex lined footwear at all, as in my experience, the stuff is as good at keeping water in as out. Have been looking at Lowa seeker's and Altberg P1 peacekeepers,any good?. Both fall within my budget, as I have not that many more years to do and don't want to spend a fortune on boots I may well only use 3 or 4 times a year. Any suggestions will be greatfully recieved!!
  2. are you looking for civvy boots or military?

the new SL have a terrible review based on less than effective new styling.

I have a pair of Lowa mountain boots - best boots i have ever used hillwalking (i i thought my old scarpa were, but they are better than that) - they take the yeti well, except there is a slight overlap on the tread at the bottom middle of the boot. this causes rubbing on one side of the gaiter underneath the boot / tread - i bought my yetis online for £20 so i dont mind replacing them every 2 or 3 seasons.
  3. Issue boots with issue gaitors.

Easy to get hold of.

If you have yeti's you need an attak sole. Just look for boots with that.
  4. SL=Lowa seeker ???
    I'm thick as pig shiite today.
  5. I would do , but issue boots are,quite simply, shite.I only wear them for parades when I have to. I have 17 years worth of lower limb injuries to show for the inadaquacies of pussers boots, and also the issue gaiter doesn't cover the toes, which is what I want as a result of frost-nip many years ago, again because issue boots are tom-tit.
    Sorry, but this is not the answer in my case.
  6. Just been given a nice shiny pair of Lowa's by the mess! I'll make my gaiters fit!
    Cheers peeps! :lol:
  7. Hi G10
    The only boot Ive ever used with yeti's is My pair of Scarpa Attak boots
    The groove on the front of the sole is designed to stop the front of the Yeti
    from flipping up and over the toecap, and the rubber rand snuggly fits the
    groove on the sole.
    Many of my colleagues have tried to use Yeti's with other makes of boot,
    but always results in the old toecap flipoff Etc.
    Whichever way you go matey, most decent boots on the market cost between £100 to 150+..So i'd go for another set of Scarpa's.
    Peace of mind, and you know with Scarpa's they are designed for the Yeti.