GAESO Set To Apologise To Germans and Japanese

GAESO are going to beg forgiveness from former enemies.

Interviewer: We have come across with the information that the representatives of GAESO are planning to beg apology with the people of Germany and Japan for the atrocities committed by the Gurkhas against them during the World Wars under the flag of allied forces? Is it true?

Gurung: Yes. The reason was that the British used our forefathers as a human shield to fight against the Germans and the Japanese. Our national weapon Khukuri was used to cut the heads and necks of the enemies of the British. In the WW-I and WW-II, Gorkhas served the British interest across the world with bayonet at the chest of German and Japanese troops. In return, what we gained? We gained nothing. The British offered many decorations and Medals like VCs and MCs and other campaign medals could be seen in the chest of our youths. But the German and Japanese were not our enemies. Why we sacrificed our life hunting to cut their throats? Why we killed them? They had not committed any crime against us. After the laid down foundation stone ceremony at the site of Salmidanda in Nepal, we would visit at the universities of Germany and Japan and would sincerely beg apology on behalf of the Gorkhas. We were not their enemies. We would beg apology on behalf of whole Nepali population.
Link (halfway down to page)

No one in their right mind would believe that GAESO are full of remorse for their actions of the Gurkhas.
They've always had their eye on the main chance and clearly there is a propaganda motive behind this.
There seems to be an emerging pattern whereby Gurkhas are claiming to be victims of the British;

Gyanraj Rai, UBGEA (United British Gurkhas Ex-serviceman’s Association),
"The MOD has exploited the Gurkhas for 200 years and they have treated the Gurkhas like slaves for 200 years."

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Of course, we forced the Gurkhas to join the British Army and fight for us didn't we? That's why they're queuing up to join still.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Saint Joanna's going to love this.

Next they'll be apologising to the Taliban on behalf of the Gurkha who took one of their heads off with a kukri.

I mean the Talib in question was shooting at him but still...it wasn't his enemy or anything.

What the actual ****? Apologising to the Japs and the Germans? How many former Gurkhas are actually involved in this group and how much do they agree with this I wonder?

They're a force of quite effective mercenaries who now incur more costs to the nation than would British - now that they bring their families in.

Like red coats, cavalry charges, the SMLE and pikemen, their usefulness is a thing of the past.

Gyanraj Rai, UBGEA (United British Gurkhas Ex-serviceman’s Association),

"The MOD has exploited the Gurkhas for 200 years and they have treated the Gurkhas like slaves for 200 years."

What utter bollocks. Having served with them I rather thought they did rather well out of us. They didn't seem to not want to join us, in fact most of the villages emptied and joined up rather than living as paupers and dying in the foothills. I rather thought their salaries propped up Nepal, after all what have they got besides some rather large impressive hills.

GAESO have always been political but these claims are outrageous.

BTW, GAESO are not the only organisation representing Gurkha veterans - and they certainly don't represent serving Gurkhas.

If they are not careful the Gurkha capbadges will disappear in the history of the World.

Which would be a shame. On the othe rhand my all in QGS stable belt, buttons, kukri stand and capbadge would probably increase in value.

If they are not careful the Gurkha capbadges will disappear in the history of the World.
They'll be history soon enough, as there cards were marked well before they suddenly became so pro-active at being whinging little pricks.

I admire Johnny G as infantryman but we've quickly run out of little bits of Empire to plonk them down in and no one wants to see future cases of what has happened in NepAldershot, so perhaps it is time for them to shake hands, belt up and go home. Perhaps Commonwealth Soldiers could do likewise.

They're a force of quite effective mercenaries who now incur more costs to the nation than would British - now that they bring their families in.

Like red coats, cavalry charges, the SMLE and pikemen, their usefulness is a thing of the past.
How very dare you?

The usefulness of the SMLE is definitely not a thing of the past!

Of course, when it comes to being treated like shit by the Imperialist British pigdogs, ethnic minorities have the monoploy don't they? The British ruling classes were pretty adept at treating their own indigenous lower classes like shyte as well - otherwise we wouldn't still be digging the poor ******* up at Ypres and the Somme. Whilst johnny Gurkha was lopping swedes off Victoria's enemies, millions of white trash were slaving down the mines and in the mills and yards - the ones that were lucky enough to be able to earn a 'living' that is - and many took the shilling for exactly the same reason the Gurkhas did.

As for the slanty-eyed bukakke merchants: I'm sure the Imperial Japanese Army would have taken Nepal's non-beligerence in to account before they plastered Khatmandu with HE and steamrollered in - bayonetting its cowed inhabitants; pretty much like everywhere else the plimsole-booted Niponese foot trod. I doubt the Liebstandarte would have been dishing out the invites for cheese and wine either - Nepal not being known for chisel-jawed, blonde supermen. So, Mr Gurung, here's some advice: STFU before you make yourself look like an even bigger cnut than you already have. Johnny Gurkha has done a top job over the years and there's much to be proud of. Leftist pandering like yours doesn't fall into that category. Namaste!

This German feels that there is no apology needed. I can´t remember having heard of any attrocity carried out by Gurkha soldiers against Germans during WW1 and WW2. Quite the opposite, I have a lot of respect for these guys.
How they dealt in Asia might be a different matter, but again, I´ve never heard of attrocities committed by Gurkha soldiers (with the exception of the Amritsar massacre), in any case, they would pale against those committed by the Germans and Japanese.

This German feels that there is no apology needed. I can´t remember having heard of any attrocity carried out by Gurkha soldiers against Germans during WW1 and WW2. Quite the opposite, I have a lot of respect for these guys.
How they dealt in Asia might be a different matter, but again, I´ve never heard of attrocities committed by Gurkha soldiers (with the exception of the Amritsar massacre), in any case, they would pale against those committed by the Germans and Japanese.
I don't think the Amritsar trouble was anything to do with the Gurkhas .................. I may be wrong Walther.