Gadhafi declares Holy War on Switzerland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SwissBob, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "After two centuries of neutrality, Switzerland found itself in a bizarre and unprecedented situation Friday, facing a would-be "holy war" announced by Libya's Moammar Gadhafi.

The Swiss government declined to comment on Gadhafi's latest salvo in a simmering diplomatic saga stemming from the Geneva police's 2008 arrest and brief detainment of his son, Hannibal, and his wife for allegedly beating up their servants." TDP link

I can't imagine downtown Geneva looking like Belfast but you never know. . .

2. Gaddafi needs to chill the fcuk out...its ridiculous...

3. He's a complete nutter always has been, but he is a brave nut so look out Switzerland.

4. The SAS shouldn't have been out there since a lot of our dead squaddies has been weapons and ammo supplied by Gaddafi, The Guy needs to calm down and get a grip.

5. It's one of those odd situations which could go from farce to fracas quite quickly. He took four billion out of Switzerland. That's not messing about.

6. Good. It's about time someone took the swiss down a peg or two, the neutral bastards.

7. Wow I thought this was another falklands thread for a minute :x

8. I especially like this quote from Gaddafi: "He also urged Muslims everywhere to boycott Swiss products and to bar the country's planes and ships from the airports or seaports of Muslim nations."

So no more sales of Toblerones in Libya; Do the the Swiss actually have any ships?

9. Think Fasnacht touched a raw nerve, this was in the Blick:
    [​IMG]

10. Declares HOLY war???? WTF is his son? A Prophet????????

11. Time to crash out the boys in black (well multicoloured pyjamas actually)

12. Nice to know that the wacky Colonel Mo G. is back in character again after his international p.r. blitz over the last decade, or so. God knows that USAF and USN would love nothing better than a repeat performance over the Skies of Tripoli...

13. I wouldn't expect anyone to go to war with Switzerland anymore - I mean all they need to do is threaten to burn the money......

Coat, Hat? Me?

14. Since banking only makes up about 12% of Swiss GDP, I doubt very much whether that'll make an awful lot of difference.

MsG