Gaddafi wants Caribbean to join United States of Africa

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Yes - treat his dictates as gospel and worship him...

2. No - mad as a box of frogs

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This is why there were concerns about Gaddafi taking over as Chairman of the African Union. Simply put, he remains a liability.

BBC article here

His pronouncement that multi party democracy is not right for Africa is a cracker.

I wonder who he envisages being Dictator for life?
  2. I feel hard done by the choice poll. That fruit loop is far madder than I!
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Sorry, BOF! I did put another option in there too but it hasn't come up. Not offence meant.
  4. You keep telling yourself that, Petal! ;)

It's a close-run thing though - who's the bigger fruit-loop: Gaddafi or David Icke?!
  5. Mad as he undoubtadly is can you imagine the future potential of a United States of Africa? The resources it would command, the human aspect (sheer population size).

Africa could be a serious player in the future and maybe it would take an empire builder to make it that way and impose dicipline on the continent.
  6. It'll be stopping the North Africans from treating the sub-saharan africans as inferior scum that'll be the trick there...
  7. itd be a larrrf
  8. "Africa could be a serious player in the future and maybe it would take an empire builder to make it that way and impose dicipline on the continent"

Hum I better stay in Mouth Shut Mode.
  9. He's after cornering the world's Rum supply.
  10. Gaddafi is a cnut. Bit childish post, but...he's a cnut.
  11. Me too, but it'll be difficult. The occasional deranged giggle might spill out.
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

China has most of the deals that the major Western oil companies haven't carved up amongst themselves. Do you think they (and their nation states) will stand idly by as Africa and its antiquated weaponry/defences try to take back their own resources at a time when oil rights and prices are worth declaring war over? No.

All that Africa gets left alone to do what it wants with are vast swathes of barren and dusty landscapes.
  13. GB has a point dude. if china invaded Africa, i think that all the "African Americans" (including Obama) would not sit there idle. Having said that; if the yanks go to war, so will we following on a lead. United States of Africa sounds to me like a win win situation, how could it possibly be worse for them? they could really sort out the country with something like that and get a real legal system in place.
  14. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Discounting the insipid corruption, nepotism and 'backhander' culture that pervades almost every aspect of African society, do you really believe they could possibly coordinate themselves well enough to be able to integrate and produce a productive and financially viable Union?

Remember, experts are predicting that South Africa is only ever a few steps away from going down the toilet like Zimbabwe did. The forced 'land reclamation purchase' proposal (from white business leaders) keeps resurfacing in Parliament, who themselves keep trying to elect a corrupt politician (Jacob Zuma) to the office of President. And their former President was an AIDs denying, Zuma clearing (rape trial, corruption investigation) Mugabe cohort.

This is the 'leader' of Africa, then? Good example. Don't even get me started on Nigeria, Sudan, Cote D'Ivoire, Angola or Liberia...

How many other African 'powerhouses' are there?
  15. I was expecting the replies I've got and I don't mind any deranged laughter - it is a bit of a silly idea.

The point I was making was that within Africa you have the natural resources and the population size to be a major player. What you don't have is the infastructure or the framework. All that seems to be left is a hodepodge of different colonial structures cut and pasted over the top of one another.

The thing about the empire builder was that sometimes the sense of unification that allows those things to be built only comes when someone imposes his will on a time and place and poeple are prepared to follow him, work for him and maybe die for him. Now I can't see it happening in my lifetime or my childrens lifetime (and I'm fairly young, so hopefully I've got a good few years left)

I saw the OP and thought thats an interesting idea. Trouble with Arrse is that there isn't a Sience Fiction section :=)