G8 Pre (vent) Protest Operation

The guy on the roof, from the BBC report;
One man had to be tackled by police as he tried to jump from the roof of the Beak Street building saying "I don't want to live in a fascist state", reported Mike Sergeant.
Wtf?

thePSNI think that it will be peaceful this weekend in Belfast, me thinks otherwise!

I too am at a loss as to why they prevented him from jumping. Shame on the Met.
Apart from the shit storm that would ensue,the media trial by media,the court case,the compo for the family,the officers involved being sacked/imprisoned and yer man becoming an instant martyr you mean?

Can't we all just get along?
No. And that's why the police get overtime.

Hopefully, a token group of crusties will manage to break through the police cordon at Enniskillen .......

...... and meet the United States Secret Service

Apart from the shit storm that would ensue,the media trial by media,the court case,the compo for the family,the officers involved being sacked/imprisoned and yer man becoming an instant martyr you mean?
Don't be so gay.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe it goes in the back of one of the Chevrolet vans that accompany the President as part of his motorcade.
Love to see the rules of engagement. "Well, sir. He had a beard and looked at the presidential motorcade funny." "Thank you, Mr secret service, but that was no reason to shoot Mr Adams four hundred and twenty three times."

Love to see the rules of engagement. "Well, sir. He had a beard and looked at the presidential motorcade funny." "Thank you, Mr secret service, but that was no reason to shoot Mr Adams four hundred and twenty three times."
Why not?

[video=youtube_share;ClEo2OfA2Zs]http://youtu.be/ClEo2OfA2Zs[/video]

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I note that the Beeb reports that one of them was arrested for 'failure to remove a face covering'. Is this dodgy reporting or is covering the face now a crime on this Septic Isle and I've simply missed an announcement?

In my younger days I got threatened with arrest if I didn't remove a balaclava.

I note that the Beeb reports that one of them was arrested for 'failure to remove a face covering'. Is this dodgy reporting or is covering the face now a crime on this Septic Isle and I've simply missed an announcement?
Now my uk public order legislation may be a bit rusty. But here goes. If a section 60 order is in place in a certain area it means that, similar to sect 44 of the terrorism act, that people in that area can be searched without cause and, in the case of section 60 (of the public order act I believe) anyone wearing a face covering has to remove it on the demand of a police officer.