G8 events

Ministry of Defence said:
[h=2]G8 foreign ministers’ meeting[/h]On 10 and 11 April 2013, the Foreign Secretary William Hague will host his counterparts from the G8 countries. They will meet for the G8 foreign ministers’ meeting at Lancaster House in London.
On announcing the meeting, the Foreign Secretary said:
“I look forward to the UK’s G8 Presidency making headway on the serious challenges facing our global community today. Today the Prime Minister explained that by supporting the development of open economies, open governments and open societies we can harness the power of the private sector for everyone’s benefit. Our G8 priorities of advancing trade, ensuring tax compliance and promoting greater transparency can only take place in an environment of political stability and peaceful international relations.
“With my G8 foreign minister partners, I look forward to discussing and taking decisions on some of the most pressing foreign and security policy issues that we face. In particular I will be focusing on the Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative, a personal priority for me during the UK’s G8 Presidency and beyond, and ensuring that the G8’s Deauville Partnership provides the support needed by our partners in the Arab world.”
[h=2]G7 finance ministers’ and Central Bank governors’ meeting[/h]On 10 to 11 May 2013, the Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and the Governor of the Bank of England Sir Mervyn King will host a spring meeting of the G7 finance ministers and Central Bank governors.
On announcing the meeting, the Chancellor said:
“I look forward to hosting colleagues from the G7 to Britain in the spring. This group remains an important institution and a key forum in which to grapple with the challenges that face the global economy.
“This meeting will be a significant opportunity for the UK and our partners to take on these challenges and to show leadership in the fight to tackle the ongoing ramifications of the global financial and debt crisis.”
[h=2]G8 leaders’ summit[/h]The G8 leaders’ summit will take place on 17 to 18 June 2013 at Lough Erne in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.

More...

Latest Threads