G4S Olympics fiasco - Brief interviews wanted

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sh1985, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does your blog have spellchecker?

2. No a journo, but wanting to interview people about a current event. Yeah right.

3. I think you're barking up the wrong tree old boy. I have been involved in the recruiting business from the start and we've done bloody well to get as far as we have. Profit margins were wafer thin (I was only getting £50 per referral as an example) and targets onerous. Look further afield if you want to vent your spleen - that mutant Coe would be a good place to start.

4. I would be willing to do a brief 10 minute interview but as you are not after that you can shove off, what is a breid anyway.

5. Don't worry, in 8 weeks time there will be lots of tea and medals for the heirachy of LOCOG and a sit load of unemployed security guards

6. Errr LOL yes why? Dont pick on my rubbish spelling....I did spell check it but ive messed about with it so much probs should do it again

7. Its ok the security guards will be coming to a police force near you soon, unwarranted un-accountable and paid rock bottom. But its cheaper and will make many ££££s for those in power

8. ... And the horse you rode in on.

9. Bottom right - button cunningly called "edit" - pleased to help - carry on!

You do know serving military are not allowed to give interviews without permission don't you?

10. Dear Sir,
    I know sod all about Security, Banking, News Papers and lots of other things. So please can I have a huge salary/pension/golden parachute.

Kind regards CrabfatBill

11. The first post has been deleted, so let's see if I have this right.

A journalist wants to interview soldiers about the Op Olympic Fiasco. Preferably soldiers who are being deployed at short notice to clean up someone else' mess. Again.

Right so far?

If he or she (I'm guessing she by the 'lol's) is a reputable journalist then she will know that for a soldier to provide a 'brief interview' is classified as a bad thing. A military offence. Surely she wouldn't be trying to entice a soldier to commit a military offence would she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.