G4S Makes Amends

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Counter-Bluffer-Ops, Aug 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. £2.5m? Pfft Petty cash for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It's the thought that counts. At least they've done something - some companies won't even serve people in uniform. Remember?
  3. G4S can dream on. IIRC they failed to provide about half of the staff that they were contracted to provide so they can stick a couple of zeroes on the end of their £2.5m payment. I heard from a mate in Glasgow that virtually none of the G4S staff turned up at Hampden for the Olympic football and Strathclyde Police had to step in at very short notice.

I trust MoD and the Home office will be charging hefty management fees in addition to the costs they actually incurred.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pray tell where will this money go?
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Interesting about the Hampden staff levels from G4S

My son was working down there with G4S and he used to turn up for work at the start of his shift only to be sent home as they were fully staffed. Now I admit this was at the aqua arena and not the Hampden site but at the same time his college mates went down and only ever got one full shift, the rest of the time they did whatever students do.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Perhaps the ******* can make amends by not kettleing me into a line like a mong for 10-15 of a morning until they can be arsed to check train tickets. Kill them all.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The £2,500,000 donation may seem like a generous gesture, but seeing as G4S dropped the ball on a contract worth an estimated £284,000,000 I doubt it'll be enough to cover their embarrassment.

8. ehwhat

ehwhat Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Too little, too late. They should be returning 50% of the funds they received and be banned from future contracts for a decade.
  9. I think you mean "G4S makes good PR for itself from pocket change."
  10. G4S charge 284,000,000.00 for 10,400 staff they didn't have.

G4S pays the MOD 2,500,000.00 for 18,200 staff!

I know it might be a little more complicated than that!
    • Like Like x 6
  11. I think the money should be used to buy those who attended the 2 weeks a gift. However, the way MOD procurement system works, each soldier will end up with a rat pack tin of processed cheese and the MOD will have to make up the difference in cost!
  12. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Oh come on... The MoD had the bodies and not much else to do with them right now. Iraq has wound down and Afghanistan is winding down afterall
  13. Ok, another perspective:

G4S charges £1,706.73 per man per day (16 days)

G4S pays MOD £8.59 per man per day (16 days)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

I think you need to take your irony meter to be repaired and recalibrated mate ;-)