G4S cock up yet again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Wag Tail, Jun 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Once again they're in the news for all the wrong reasons. This time they've apparently been ghosting the explosives search dog cover at the Olympic Park.

Security scandal at the Olympic stadium | The Sun |Sport|Olympics.

Having worked (all be it a long time ago) in the private security sector I don't find it hard to believe but the point is this company **** up time and time again and just seem to carry on. They've got numerous government contracts running private prisons and tagging services to name but a few. It wasn't long ago they anounced that G4S were taking over some of the second line functions of some police forces which is worrying to say the least. They're either good at pulling the wool over procurement people or have friends in very high places?

2. I thought for a minute that another one of the bosses had been arrested for paedophilia. They've got form.

3. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Didn't seem to do Dyncorp any harm.

But as to the earlier point, Armor (as they were) were notorious for paying badly so most did a gig or two with them whilst casting for better wedge elsewhere. Monkeys and peanuts.

4. Public sector procurement jobs aren't particularly well paid. They don't always attract the brightest and best. Contracts can be very valuable. Corporate hospitality can be very enticing. draw your own conclusions.

I mean, if Sainsbury's potato buyer(I know, private sector, but it gives us an idea how procurement works) gets an Aston Martin left on his drive . . . . . . .

5. Well, at least they take the heat off UKBA!

6. Contract worth £284,000,000??? WhoTF are they employing, Robo-Cop??

7. Armor Group were not great payers, I'll agree. But after they were taken over by G4S in the countries in which I worked they lost every individual and every Armor Group contract. G4S rates make Armor Group/DSL paycheques look like Euromillions jackpots.

8. Much to my surprise, G4S seemingly don't make any political donations.

9. Jacket Fillers + G4S= drama's

10. Maybe their donations are of a more, ahem, personal nature.

Though it would be more interesting to see how many former ministers and civil servants have found happy consultancies and non-executive directorships with them. Word soon gets around and a nod and wink over the dinner-table can be far more effective than the crudeness of waved envelopes. The British ruling class likes its corruption genteel and understated.