G3 snobbery.

Must concur about the REME.  Now they produce the "without us......" goods every time.  Other types - take note - work hard and don' t pretend to be what you're not and guess what?  We'll appreciate it and respect you for it.

Ref MS talk - haveyou noticed the over use of the word "correct" by thrusters, used in a "I'm pretending to have already thought of that, it's dead obvious (but clever) way."

Dogmonkey - I believe I know you.  Would "Blaydon Races" mean anything to you?

Just spent the last half hour reading all posts in this forum and have come to two main conclusions.  Total respect for the infantry.  Okay, you don't do 'your job' every day but we all know that you will kill and destroy very effectively when the time comes :)  You don't need to justify yourselves.  Sumo664 works in my environment.  I as a REME BAT (Bastard Aircraft Technician) know full well that he commands nothing more than a cheque book and is only harping on about the old days when he actually had some some interaction with his soldiers. Pilots have no command function as you would know it.  There is no shortage of AAC pilots and although its a tough course and they are genuinely good flyers, rip into him about that FRI.  They should NOT qualify.  Respect infantry!  And thanks for your support for the REMEs :)

Most staffers at 6 are more concerned with whether to have the cous cous or the Mediterranean chargrilled vegetables for lunch! "Anyone for the Lavender?" than they are with the location of the sands!
Whitecollar warriors, yeh right!
"Laughing Sir? no, I was just overcome with admiration!" :lol:

To be vv blunt and honest.

Unless you are on the Start Line with me, have a SUSAT on your rifle. Fcuk off back to REMFs Ville and do your job so I can do mine.

Deep breaths, deep breaths! Maybe its time to switch to de-caff? :lol:

chimera

LE
easesprings said:
Unless you are on the Start Line with me,
And how do you get there?

chimera

LE
Line_Grunt said:
And how do you get there?
on foot mostly...
And you may well have Sappers obstacle clearing in front of you (equipped with iron sight SA 80), fire support coming from the Gunners (equipped with iron sight SA 80), or AAC AH (equipped with iron sight SA80) etc etc

Get the point?

You can come along, as although you probably don't have SUSAT, you do have the sight for a larger calibre weapon. And as with all inferiority complex-ists, size matters!!!

easesprings said:
Unless you are on the Start Line with me, have a SUSAT on your rifle. Fcuk off back to REMFs Ville and do your job so I can do mine.
isnt the start line nowadays situated at least 200km away on board an aircraft carrier when the launch their missiles/planes?

Heavy_Lift said:
In the good old days when I was an FOO nobody on the Start Line (isn't this an "old" phrase :lol: ) ever objected to my presence.
Absolutely agree, never go anywhere without your gunner.

'Start Line' is a bit quaint isn't it. Line of Departure anyone? And no, I wouldn't want to be in the FUP without decent:

Personnel.
Int.
Plan.
Ammo, POL, food, equipment support or med back up.
Comms.

G1 to G6 roughly, funny that.

OK then.......

War is when two groups of Angry men fight. To date my angry men at the front have been harder and better equipped than the other sides angry men. My job is to keep my angry men between me and theirs; that way I don't have to fight and risk being shot/maimed/hurt but still get to wear a smart uniform.

Rest assured I will do my best to give you everything (bullets/food/fuel/NBC kit/spares etc) you need to protect me!!

OK then.......

War is when two groups of Angry men fight. To date my angry men at the front have been harder and better equipped than the other sides angry men. My job is to keep my angry men between me and theirs; that way I don't have to fight and risk being shot/maimed/hurt but still get to wear a smart uniform.

Rest assured I will do my best to give you everything (bullets/food/fuel/NBC kit/spares etc) you need to protect me!!

BedIn said:
I am a G3 snob, for two reasons:

1) G3 stuff is dead cool. Yes, other stuff is critical - but dull. They make films like "Platoon" and "Saving Private Ryan", not "Field Troop" and "POLing Private Ryan"

2) At JDSC I never had more than a passing understanding of where Warrior packs come from.
quote]

BedIn said:
When all else fails, the day can be saved by small bands of determined men taking the fight to the enemy.

Notice, not small bands of determined men making disinterested sergeants write essays on defence policy.
Didn't JDSC teach you the difference between disinterested and uninterested? :roll:

Stained_Eligius said:
There is no shortage of AAC pilots and although its a tough course and they are genuinely good flyers, rip into him about that FRI.  They should NOT qualify.  Respect infantry!  And thanks for your support for the REMEs :)
If it's such a tough course, then how the hell did I pass? Oh yeah....they were desperate for teeth-arm officers who wouldn't shuffle off to the RAF at the first chance :wink:

Gas turbines are for big girl's blouses and Jessies! Why they never took me up on my design for a TOW-armed Skeeter I'll never know! :lol:

Attachments

AND ANOTHER THING!!!

There is a chap with bumps commanding the AAC historical flight! 8O AND she's married to a fellow-Greenjacket 8O 8O 8O

(Falls drooling & insensible to floor of nursing home)

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Glad_its_all_over The Intelligence Cell 1328
Elindio The NAAFI Bar 28
Glad_its_all_over Officers 0